Palaeontologists studying fossilized horses have found a direct link between the size of mammals and the planet's temperature - with warmer times meaning smaller beasts.
darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 10 Answers Feb 27, 2012

That would take generations to take its toll - and we will blow ourselves up long long before that can happen.

Best Answer

I think we'd have to get thinner first.

Best Answer

It's just another attempt at the global warming propoganda, there can be many reasons why horses got smaller, it might even be global warming mind you (sea level rises, animals get trapped on islands, limited food), but that doesn't mean it will have the same effect on humans.

Best Answer

I would take MILLIONS of years for us to get to that stage where the temperature would cause us to be shorter .... By that time we will all be gone .... 2012 is here ...

Best Answer

More information required. Correlation on a single set of data is dangerous ground for conclusions.

Best Answer

I think we live to long for that to show itself as it has in some wild animals. I think we are only a few generations away from totaly extinction

Best Answer

a qualified yes is my answer, size is related to available oxygen in the atmosphere, when the big beasties roamed the Earth, dinosaurs come to mind there was more oxygen this allowed for higher energy production in species and allowed for greater growth. A reduction in oxygen content has the opposite effect, less oxygen available for energy production so a reduced size.

Best Answer

No. Not enough data points to infer a cause and effect relationship. Both observed phenomenon may be related to a third factor, or just unrelated coincidences.

Best Answer