On the weekends, I just have no energy. I go to bed way early. Sure, yesterday I took myself to the Aquarium and got myself a stuffed animal, but I don't know... So much ****'s happened between now and last November... could I get out of this?
LysanderFremont LysanderFremont 26-30, M 11 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Health

It is much wiser that you consult a doctor.

Maybe your depression is caused by a physical condition, maybe not.

Get yourself checked and hopefully you will receive the treatment you need.

Best Answer

When you are depressed you feel tired, not just physically, but mentally, you feel slowed down, stupid, you look around the world and "realise" its actually an unremarkable grey hell-hole. Everything and everyone annoys you, you can enjoy yourself, but the feeling fades all too quickly.

But you can handle it on your own, for a while anyway, i handled serious depression on my own for several years, but if it keeps going downhill, eventually you will need help, and you are entitled to help. Everyone has bad times, and when in bad times, people should help, and when those bad times are over: Pay it forward.

Best Answer

It depends. Depression is actually a chemical thing, not just an emotional thing. If I were you, I would find somebody professional to talk to. Your work probably has people that they associate with that are licensed.

Best Answer

Sure you can. But if you're fixed in the "I'm gonna be depressed my entire life" mindset, then for sure, you're gonna be depressed!

Best Answer

i guess you are already out of it now, so no need for me to answer ^^

Best Answer

Try to exercise. Do an hour a day of something like walking (strolling in the mall, jogging, etc.). I know this may not help with the root cause, but it will help you cope.

Best Answer

Doesn't sound like depression to me. Clinical depression does not limit itself to only "weekends." Sounds more like boredom...

Best Answer

yup and yup- most important don't DWELL on things- when bad thoughts come- chase it away with a thought of a good thing- a happy memory or a thing u like- distract yourself and when u feel bad force yourself to get up and do something- it does take your mind off things.

Best Answer

doctor. check for diabetes, lupus, anything that causes no energy. then talk to them about depression. there are meds that are very mild that can help tremendously.

Best Answer