BittersweetCupcake BittersweetCupcake 13-15, F 8 Answers Jul 30, 2012

Nah, its normal for a teen. Get out and enjoy yourself to keep the depression away!

Best Answer

That's the problem, I'm not sociable in any way. I only have my little group of friends that I trust. I don't even talk while I'm in school. I only sit in my seat and listen to music and draw.

Best Answer

The only way to get out of your shell is to start joing clubs or groups. Not just athletics. There are clubs for shy people. Band is a good one, choir, etc. See what your school has to offer. We are not all athletes and we are not all good looking but there is something out there for everyone. The only way to get over shyness is to take it on! I know, I have been there done that!

Best Answer

I'm not only shy, I get uncomfortable with people that I meet. I don't want to talk to them, I feel like they don't like me and I always say the stupidest things. I hate being around new people. And, about the clubs thing, my school has almost nothing to offer. I'm not good in maths, only people I hate go to the drama department and the journalism club, I can't sing or play any kind of instrument. The only things I'm good at are drawing and writing, but there are no clubs about that. My friends have tried to get me to talk more often and to go out with them so I can meet new people, but I feel uncomfortable when they do that. -shrug-

Best Answer

Go out and have fun with your friends ! You cannot get over shyness by staying shy. You have to conquer it. Eventually talking to others will come natural the more you do it. But you have to get out there and do it!

Best Answer

It is NOT normal for anyone, regardless of age. 1/3rd of people who suffer depression do so from birth. How does that fit with your "It's normal for teens" theory? Another loudmouth with no knowledge. How do you get out and enjoy yourself when depression has taken away everything you once enjoyed, motivation, concentration, everything. Get out and find a nice strong tree and take some rope.

Best Answer

Use that natural talent at home to create. Writing is a great way to self analyse and get those feelings down on paper. Try writing a short story about yourself and how you got to feel like you do. Don't worry about accuracy, you will surprise yourself by what you write. Don't read it before it's finished and then leave it for, say, a week before doing so.Could be a revelation in that story. But it's the professional advice of a shrink you need first. Don't go to a therapist first about potential BP.
You feel shy as most kids do depending on their parents upbringing. But depression wil turn shyness into isolation. Something you can't beat with professional help.

Best Answer

Yes, it's possible but tht is not enough information to make a decision on. Besides which only shrinks should make such a diagnosis.

Describe the happy part as detailed as you can.

Best Answer

Finding ones self is no easy task...depending on your childhood experiences you may just be an introvert...and being a teenage girl, puberty can be rather confusing...if you've been hurt emotionally retreating into ones shell is normal...don't read too much into situational depression...it comes and goes with life...Don't worry, Be happy...>:)

Best Answer

Dumb anser. She's not talking about depression idiot.

Best Answer

Hello,
It is to me that you say that I am stupid?
Is what you know me to tell me that I'm stupid?
Do you know the signs of depression? and depression is not a shame.
I ask you please talk to me properly, you do not accuse someone of stupidity if we do not know personally. I did not insult or disrespect, so a respect please.
Have a good day.

Best Answer

"I'm happy one moment and then I get severely depressed after"....pegasuss you are the dumb one in this case...Nihal1 is clearly feeling down...why abuse this way...

Best Answer

OH is very difficult disorder detected, it takes years for doctors to be diagnosed problem.

Maybe you go through a period of depression and nothing else ..

Best Answer

No she has said she goes from happy to the botom so it needs investigation by a professional. Not a maybe from you.

Best Answer

Only a professional can diagnose that. It's covered by all major insurances so you should start there. I am bipolar. I know what it's like and it isn't easy at all. You can fight it alone, but in my experience you will lose. Get help, make a plan and kick it in the face. I have fought it my entire life if that is indeed what it is.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that you have bipolar. And I have considered talking to a professional about what I'm feeling and what those feelings make me do, but I'm scared. I don't want to be judged anymore then I'm being judged now.

Best Answer

It's as much a part of me as any other quality I guess. You shouldn't just consider it. You should do it. Don't become discouraged. As soon as it is under control. No one has to know. I can count on one hand how many people in my life know that I am bipolar. And it would take zero fingers to tell you how many judge me for it. Stay strong. Message me if you have any questions. Goodness knows I have experience in this game.

Best Answer

People who judge you are ignorant and therefore these people are not worth that made ​​you notice her. The most important thing is your Santee and your mind. You know people always judge even if you are perfect, they touveront something to say. Do not stop to what others think or say, the most important is your well being. It is the 21st century and people have backward attitudes to judge others.
Anyway, we all have our own demons and those who judge you are people who are afraid to face their own demons.

Best Answer

Correct. Thank you for giving her a very good answer. My only variation to your comments relates to the word fight. Many use that word, and battle etc. But it cannot be that as depression and bp come from YOUR mind so you would only be fighting yourself, making it worse. You must learn to accept it, own it, get to know it and anticipate it. I call it my ex best friend as it has access to everything about me and probably more memories than I do consciously. So you must get to know yourself so wel you know where the hurt is worse, learn CBT and know when it is starting so you can jut turn it off. Not so with BP2 of course. That's one of the toughest illnesses and sometimes there's nothing can be done. Both levels of bp though may respond to mood stabilisers. I'm BP1 and it eliminates it completely, so far. It started when I was 48. So forget the genetic theories.

Best Answer

You MUST take it to a professional as, believe me, it only grows in strength if you let it ride. I know it sounds silly but do not be afraid. It is an illness which can be treated. I'm actualll grateful I felt BP1, hypomania as it was such a powerful feeling and gave me what I lack as a day to day person. I do pity people who have not felt that power, despite the suffering you drop back to later. It taught me the human mind is capable of so much more than we use now. But I had a rapid cycling experience and that did frighten me back to mood stabilisers and nothing has since happened. Never be afarid of it, get to know it, read about it, write on forums, ask question until you know what's coming and can have a retreat and recovery plan and hopefully a support group too. Once you've been down and come out you know you can do it so it's easier. Feels as bad but just kowing you came out keeps that light burning.
Write a letter about it addressed to you and give it to no one. Let your mind roam as you write. That will give you insights you don't think about. Remember one thing. It's always temporary. Even if temporary is 6 months it is still temporary. Please describe the happy feeling you get as if you describe that fully we should be able to tell you yay or nay on BP without diagnosing it as they are all different.
Just so you know, there are many BP sufferers who refuse to take meds as they want the good parts. Evidence tells us though that we spend 25% of our time in the high zone and 75% in the deep down zone. Not value as I see it.

Best Answer

Yes indeed. it is you. If you're like me you wouldn't remember what you once were like and wouldn't want to go back to that hum drum life either.I never let anyone judge me either. I jump down ther throat of they try so that they don't do it to the next person. If I can help that next person avoid it I feel better.

Best Answer