mikanippon mikanippon 22-25, F 73 Answers Mar 4, 2012

Yes, there are other hobbies and reasons to hate each other.

Best Answer

a better question would be, could man survive the detriment OF religion?

Best Answer

indeed >.<

Best Answer

Religion was never a detriment for human beings, human begins and their way of understanding religion made it a detriment

Best Answer

Mankind in general needs spirituality. Not everyone needs it but many people do. It gives us a sense of purpose. When you have spirituality, religion eventually follows.

Best Answer

This is why atheism or politics becomes a religion to so many angry atheists.

Best Answer

Without religion = yes! without spirituality = no!

Best Answer

Religion (as a word) is a set of beliefs that help anchor people to themselves and something greater to themselves so they can aspire to do more and be more. I don't think people can survive without some sort of higher authority. Our laws are ba<x>sed on our "religious" beliefs. In our court system and on our money, the two things common non-religious believers believe in and use are the words "In God we Trust." The link of religion and God has been going on since the beginning of time. Though many profess to be able to live fine without God in their lives, they cannot survive without the "religion" of life which governs how we live. My answer is no.

Best Answer

I often ponder on the issue of those who have made the Pledge and used the words 'In God We Trust' and I wonder if those who say it actually *know* what they are saying, or *accept* what they are saying. It isn't a criticism of what you say here. What I'm saying is (in my opinion) religion comes in many different forms *if* we consider what relgion actually is in how it comes together. (hoping that makes sense) ~F~

Best Answer

i agree. probably couldnt have said it better and as clearly defined myself. good job.

Best Answer

People would thrive without religion! If there was no rule book or guid lines of "morals" think how fast technologically we would advance! Without religion holding people back they could reach their full potential. We could already have a cure for every single ailment. People could even be immune to death by natural causes, if there was no religion holding back medical science

Best Answer

True, but without religion, would Michelangelo have been inspired to paint the Sistine chapel? Along with our science improvements, we would lose so much art , that has become so well known and respected today. Worth it?

Best Answer

You tell me. A version of immortality or a painting or two? I think I'd rather have an indefinite natural life

Best Answer

@knucklez, religion and ethics are not the same. Science still needs to watch where it is going.@Viloet1026, religions have given myths to art, they are not the essence of art, the essence of art is human experience.

Best Answer

No, it's not. But it is, in a way, related. For lack of a better word

Best Answer

True. True.

Best Answer

You know the guy who kicked off WWI thought that.

Best Answer

Awesome. I have the power of the great war

Best Answer

Countries like china and russia forbid religion for decades yet I didn't see either of those countries make advances in science or medicine.. countries which have advanced are very religious.. the united states (christian) and israel(jewish).

Best Answer

They were too busy trying to suppress religion to do anything else. However if religion never existed or no one gave a **** then history would be different

Best Answer

No. Mankind could not survive without religion. The laws of every country stem from some religious belief. Without religious beliefs people would not have a system of creating laws that reflected something higher than themselves. People do not put much stock in each other but the majority of the world puts stock into a belief system higher than themselves. Religion is absolute, laws are not. Which is why laws change but religion doesn't.<br />
Forlorn3, I am not interested in having you comment. You have spammed up enough people's answers to this question. Don't comment on mine. I'm not interested in you highjacking the thread anymore.

Best Answer

There a remote island in Indonesia, where hunter-gatherers have been found who have no religion, and have no interest in it. They are so happy that although they trade with a village on the other side which has contact with the wider world, none of their young people has chosen to leave. If they accidentally shoot an animal for meat which has young, they raise the baby as a pet and nurture it for life. They have pets of almost every kind, who are always being petted. They have no warfare, no weapons and no crime.

Best Answer

Well unfortunately, people as inclined towards order in other places. Do they have any sort of common standards for behavior?

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

This kind man sure as hell can.

Best Answer

So called 'religion' is the worst thing humankind has ever come up with. The pope would look good with a bullet in his head.

Best Answer

it could and would but it is unlikely to happen men are not smart enough to let go of the ideas of old

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

I doubt it. Even the strongest people need something bigger then them to fallow. And even if they didn't start with religion, they would just make one. Spirituality is a form of hope. Without hope, what is there to strive for besides failure? And even if one wasn't religious, they would still fallow something. whether that's the path of logic or socialism.

Best Answer

You begin with hope, that is desires. What you lack is answers. When you fail to find answers, your mind takes the mental energy of your needs (or the stimulation of whatever may be really oppressing you) and generates garbage, which is spirituality. When numerous people consent to believe garbage, you have religion.

Best Answer

hehe. I agree. But I wouldn't go as far as to say it was garbage. Millions of people have devoted their entire being to religion. Not garbage, just false leadership.

Best Answer

yes it could .. religion says homosexuality is wrong so if they had their way i would`nt be here !!

Best Answer

sure I think so I definitely think our society would be " less pleasant than it is now though "<br />
I say this from my own heart and mind but my religion is what makes me strive to be a decent human being . I don't care about humanity because humanity doesn't care for me . so me without my religion is a far less compassionate human being because " Playing nice just because " doesn't sit very well with me especially since in our modern era all the successful people lied, cheated , ******, killed, or snuck there way to the top ...m y faith makes me believe that I don't have to resort to that because my true reward lies beyond this life but if this life is my only focus....why play fair ?

Best Answer

sure if the believer in question is an idiot people assume because MOST believers in God tend to be blind and not really examine or try to think about the faith they practice but some of us study our bibles, some of us examine what we preach .
I don't care what anyone decides is "good or bad" i am not going to tell you how to live your life I can merely suggest what i think but how you decide to live is how you decide to live .
what I hate about your viewpoint is it takes human intelligence for granted no one is " manipulated " into doing naything they have to process and choose their actions like anyone else. blaming a book be it the bible or catcher in the rye , a person be it marx, hitler , or obama , or an event/ situation shows mental weakness not some overbearing force that enslaved the minds of those who ran across it . essentially humanity needs to stop blaming our problems on items , and beliefs and instead maybe consider each and every individual action is the product of nothing more then the imagination and feelings of its owner . This is a weak view for weak minds " the bible marx/ potato chips " made me do it and I was a hapless pawn ensnared by their delusions "

Best Answer

also you are under the mistaken belief all peoles ethics should be weighed equally if a person defines their own sense of good and evil who are we as a society to look down or even penalize them for such viewpoints. why is a soldier killing an enemy in battle considered good and murdering a cheating spouse considered different in either case one individual intended to hurt the other one emotional and another physical but both would have or did suffer harm at the hands of another.
some people don't believe they know what is good or bad , plenty of people walk through life not really establishing a personal sense of right and wrong and therefore accept a belief system why should they be discouraged because they accept another sense of right and wrong as their own . we suffer under the force of governments who decide is right and wrong with and without our consent are we then not manipulated to do good or evil ? if anything religion offers a far more free choice than human law and statues ever have . you either conform to societies rule sets or you are outcast/ penalized

Best Answer

really a far more educated statement would be maybe instead of buying into beliefs without considering them in their fullness people should be educated about the religion / belief system they accept . and if that's the case we need smarter people because most people accept what they're told without thinking about it or without caring about how an event / occurrence will affect the world around them .

Best Answer

yeah but it is the religion that can't even live forget survive without the mankind

Best Answer

I understand that there are millions of people in the world that do not accept or believe in God. When you start talking about religion, you are talking about God. You cannot separate religion from God. <br />
I could not live without Jesus Christ in my life. Plain and simple. So, to answer this question...No. We cannot live without God. Even if we ignore or deny His existence. Life will not continue if God ends it.

Best Answer

The better question would be: can mankind survive with any sort of order or laws at all? I feel we need to have some common standards.

Best Answer

"Religion" as a set of specific beliefs about a supreme and ways in which to recognize worship and try to make Him do as we wish is totally un-necessary and indeed mankind would be far better off without it.<br />
Recognition of a Supreme Being recognizing Him as such and understanding His plan for us--rather than our several plans for ourselves---is a matter of an entirely different nature.<br />
When we try to understand what God wants us to do rather than trying to tell Him what we want Him to want for us , we've turned the corner of human conflict.

Best Answer