Brittergirl212 Brittergirl212 16-17 13 Answers Mar 6, 2012

Depends on severity. If you're home-bound then just standing in an open doorway may be sufficiently uncomfortable but doable to start. If it is limited to social or public spaces, then you need to become desensitized to those. Either requires small steps, one after the other, as you make progress to defeat your demons.

Best Answer

it is just a mental thing. Don't have a narrow mind and you will be fine

Best Answer

There is a drug called Risperdal which is used to treat schizophrenia and other disorders. I was given it for agoraphobia. The doctor who prescribed it told me that it can train the brain sort of like the way your hair trains to fall a certain way from being combed that way all the time. I had the disease fairly bad but after a few months on the drug I was much better and able to get off of it all together , true it's a scary sounding "anti psychotic" but it can help certain people it helped me.

Best Answer

I stayed inside for a whole year.Then they made me seek help.You'll have to go places and do things weather you want to or not.I'm not saying it's any easier for me.You have to take medicine sometimes and nobodies going to bring it to you.You'll have to get it for your self or have sombody who is reliable get it for you.

Best Answer

I used to be terribly afraid of heights, every time I look down a bridge or pier, I visualize my self falling and crumbling to pieces. Luckily a group zip-lining experience helped me overcome it substantially.

Best Answer

I have a really bad agoraphobia too. But I can try to help you. :)

Best Answer

There's really nothing anyone can say. Your fears are produced directly in your brain and fed to receptors that trigger your responses to things. I would recommend going to maybe a hypnotist, instead of getting on prescriptions. There are hypnotists that can reverse people's phobias.

Best Answer

It's a really tough one to deal with. I wish I could help you. I'm just shy and having a difficult enough time with that.

Was there something that happened to trigger this?

Best Answer

Well i go to a psychiatrist and a doctor, and they ask the same question. And back in dec i had a rough break up and then, i was in and out of the doctor 13 times and then they found out i have mono which i still have, and ive had an mri and a ton of blood testing since dec so im not sure =(

Best Answer

I have chronic anxiety and agoraphobia

Best Answer

How do you cope with it and what kind of symptoms do you get?

Best Answer

I dont know, I'm not sure how well I do cope with it tbh.
feelings like i cant breathe, feeling like im actually going crazy, dizzyess, vertigo, feeling like im not real and like nothing around me is real, the 'space' bothers me alot and looks and feels awful, feeling anxious and worked up and panicky, waves of anxiey, getting really hot and my skin biurning etc
the only thing I can suggest is getting help - a therapist, psychology, hypnotherapy, CBT. You can read books and do online courses. relaxation techniques. gradual exposure...

Best Answer

Go outside. Done.

Best Answer

way to be insensitive

Best Answer

thank you =)

Best Answer

You're welcome. Phobias have always baffled me. The only fears I have are ones that involve my immediate survival.

Best Answer