I am 16 weeks in my pregnancy,the father is no longer in the picture and never was.He left me for someone else.Now I am alone.My life wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst.The only thing that made me happy today was seeing my friends and letting them touch my little belly.They said everything was going to be okay.I saw my psychiatrist today.She said its almost a year since therapy and she told me what she was looking at in my behavior.All of the symptoms to me met the criteria for Borderline personality disorder.But I guess I am to young to be diagnosed.After eating some candy and chips I was upset over the argument me and the baby's father I burned myself(like I normally do,its been a while though) and I started pushing pencils and my toothbrush down my throat.I threw up four times.I cried and left messages so he can answer them & know how much pain he put my through. I don't want to be obsessive but with the baby and everything I want him to be there.And its hard being alone.
SincerelyRae SincerelyRae 16-17, F 4 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Image & Weight

usually I'm cold and callous to those that self harm you're the exception anyway please stop burning yourself on purpose as someone who set himself on fire and opened a door to insanity I cringe at the very thought of someone purposely doing that to themselves

Best Answer

Well,you can be cold and critical all you want.If you don't suffer from any form of psychosis then yes,you would be very cold and judgemental because you don't suffer from it. I am not saying you are judging though.Oh and thanks for the exception I guess :)

Best Answer

Start thinking about what is best for your baby more than about your own pain.

Best Answer

I am trying.Its hard with all the stress.I try.And they said in a few weeks I can find out what it is.

Best Answer

Those of us who had fathers who didn't really want us know that it is better to have no father present than one who is present, but neglects you. Yes ideally your baby would have two loving parents, but sometimes that just isn't how it happens. I raised my son without a father in the house for his first thirteen years and those thirteen years were better, as far as being peaceful, joyful years in our home than the ones after I remarried. The mere presence of a man and woman in the house does not make it a family.

Best Answer

He said he doesn't claim us as family.He puts his girlfriend before us.I just want the best for the baby.But I try not to stress it.

Best Answer

You are thinking right. Is there something you can do to help yourself remember the baby when you are tempted to do anything harmful to yourself, since everything you do that hurts you also hurts your baby?

Best Answer

Crying :(

Best Answer

I'm sorry you are sad, but that precious baby, even if you choose to adopt him or her out, is every reason to take the best care of yourself right now. You yourself are reason enough, but I understand that you don't feel that way right now. I've been there, too. I entered counseling when I was pregnant with my son and started doing so for his sake, but along the way found out that I was worth trying to help, too. I hope you are able to come to place value on your own happiness and well being as well.

Best Answer

It's a girl.And thank you :] I wish the best for you and your son.

Best Answer

:D I read that you decided to keep her! Give her a hug from me when she gets her!

Best Answer

*here

Best Answer

An eating disorder is habitual behavior of this type so if this is an isolated incident, no. However that isn't to say it couldn't turn into something more serious. You're pregnant and if you are malnourished your baby will be too. Remember that and look into getting back to work with your psychiatrist. It sounds like this is a time you could use the help

Best Answer

Thank you :) I need help.I had it while back but I never threw up as much as this.I just used to purge a lot.

Best Answer

I urge you to get the help you need. If you can't afford it their are several programs that can help you qualify for assistance. You're not just worried about you anymore. You're going to be a mother. Also I urge you to consider adoption now. You could look into open adoptions where you would know the family and be able to see the child from time to time. These problems will only intensify when you become a mother. I'm not saying that adoption is right... I don't know you nearly well enough to make that recommendation. Just think about what will TRULY be best for your child.

Best Answer

I did look into open adoption.But I am keeping it because I know I can do this.I can afford the services by the way.Nothing to pricey.My insurance pays.

Best Answer

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to insinuate in any way that you couldn't pay for or care for this child on your own. I don't know your situation at all. Good luck and the best way to take care of your child right now is to take care of yourself.

Best Answer

Thank you :) I will.I promise.

Best Answer