dfwgirl dfwgirl 36-40, F 12 Answers Oct 29, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I am not a cheap date. I would rather spend money on women than spend money on myself. It makes me happy to see them happy.

Best Answer

well then I only have one question.. are you single?
jk

Best Answer

No, I'm too broke without my husband's money.

Best Answer

I know this is late, but I would never date a cheapskate (again anyways LOL!). My first bf was a total cheapskate, I know times are tough, but this attitude towards me $ wise was disturbing and rude. He came to my house all the time and ate here, nothing against that. My parents weren't thrilled that he didn't spoil me even a little. When I went to his house all he served was a glass of orange juice and I almost ended up paying for a BBQ he invited me to at his house. He paid for one date, tickets he bought before we even started dating. We never went out anywhere that required payment, movies were watched at my house and he gave me excuses for not taking me to the movies. He bought stuff for himself, then gave me a hard time about spending my $ on myself super rude! One time we went for coffee, he bought himself a drink and I bought coffee for myself. This was pretty much the last straw, I didn't want to be w/a tightwad. What was more scary was he was somewhat controlling and I know my life would be hell right now.

Best Answer

that sounds terrible

Best Answer

Not too sound crass but I'd wonder "What's in it for me?" I mean, the bedroom fireworks had better be spectacular or it's just not happening. I would assume she would have a career of her own and is not looking to mooch off of someone, so it would really be a big turnoff.

Best Answer

it is such a turn off you have no idea. I didn't realize how bad he was until our last dinner date. The waitress put the check on the table and he just sat there.. kind of like Alan from 2 and a half men except it's real life.. SAD!

Best Answer

dates with friends, relatives, co-workers, etc....if I invite I pay. the least i expect any the less i think of any.

Best Answer

No, I reckon he would have the type of character that would make that impossible anyhow.

Best Answer

I am a guy but I feel so bad for women that have this happen to them. I have seen it and see that it is a real self esteem killer.

Best Answer

I agree I have ended romantic relationships for less than this. I also had to tell him to open the car door for me... blah blah blah... he's clueless..

Best Answer