When I try to do any of the things you listed above, I am still able to think about too many other things. I tried counting backwards from a hundred, still too many thoughts in my mind. Then I began saying the ABC's backwards and it worked! Hard to do that and think of other things at the same time. If you do get too good at it, try "singing" them silently to yourself. It helped/helps me.

Best Answer

Hmm, I'm not even sure I could say my ABC's backwards when I'm fully awake... ;) I'll try your technique. Thank you very much :)

Best Answer

That's the point...it takes your mind off of everything else because you have to concentrate so hard on doing it. Let me know if it works for you?

Best Answer

Ok, I'll tell you tomorrow if it worked :)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Actually, I'm surprised that you manage to sleep at all... ;) By the way, the "ABC" technique really does work :) THANK YOU!

Best Answer

Great! Glad it worked! :)

Best Answer

I'm EPing and watching boring movies, though this last one is pretty cool I must say.

Best Answer

Which movie?

Best Answer
Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer

Take a warm shower before bed... Helps relax your body (muscles) and your mind. Also, focus on your breathing... If you've never tried yoga, I recommend it. (Not the Bikram Hot Yoga... Zuda Yoga)

Best Answer

I'll try this too. Thank you :)

Best Answer

YES!!<br />
Quit giving your mind exercises to do............just concentrate on breathing in and out, in through the nose out through the mouth, inbetween, hold the inhale for the count of 5, slowly exhale. Imagining with each you are going to sleep. If your brain begins to become Active, get up walk around and lay back down.

Best Answer

Ok, I WILL try this. Thank you :) I just have to work out how to leave the computer first... ;)

Best Answer

one problem at a time please.

Best Answer

Ok, I'm building up the courage... ;)

Best Answer

It's 2:30 am and I'm awake too... I say go with the flow and sleep when you're tired

Best Answer

Ok, I'm really starting to regret that 3rd cup of coffee...

Best Answer

I don't drink coffee! Lol. Have you tried those creepy sleep aid tapes? I used to listen to them on YouTube

Best Answer

I once bought an application for my iphone that apparently used "theta" waves to induce sleep. Not a huge success ;) Maybe I should just quit coffee...

Best Answer

Try cocoa. Though there's loads a sugar in it so I don't get how it makes you sleepy!!

Best Answer

Ok, I'll give that a try too :)

Best Answer

Tried getting so drunk you pass out? That works! Lol

Best Answer

Actually... yes ;)

Best Answer

Fun isn't it? Haha

Best Answer

Well, until the next morning...
To recover, I need about 17 cups of coffee, and then of course at night I can't sleep...
So I have to drink again...
It's a vicious, vicious circle.. ;)

Best Answer

Yeah, that's not good... Get someone really boring to stay over and chat?

Best Answer

I think you have just found a wonderful idea for a new business. "Rent-a-bore". You're going to make millions ;)

Best Answer

Ahhhh... Who would I hire? I might fall asleep reading all the boring cv's! Lol

Best Answer

It's a good point :))))))))

Best Answer

I drink three cups before i go to work, drink it at work, and on my third cup since coming home from work...

Best Answer

Still... I'm jobless at the moment so it might be worth it for spare cash! Better than hiring myself out for other stuff!

Best Answer

Nah, you're not boring enough. It takes years of training... ;)

Best Answer

Go to your bed, lay in it, close your eyes, and dream of happiness. Seems pretty easy, yea?

Best Answer

Apart from that last bit... ;)

Best Answer