There are some free books about Buddhism. I read Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 1 Sutra by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. It was free on amazon. There are different "denominations" or focuses of Buddhism. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I recommend reading more than one perspective if you are interested in becoming Buddhist. Personally, it's not for me but I found the book to be simple to understand. It provided some local and cultural perspective.

Best Answer

My favorite introductory books are The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche, and Awakening the Buddha Within, by Lama Surya Das.<br />
I don't think of Buddhism as a religion. Buddha was a human being who sought the meaning of Life. Buddhism is what he found.

Best Answer

dont know anything about budda but can you tell me please what this means my ex was saying to me one night " old squaw, big indian, counter clock wise, right left , red green , 7:00 and 2:00 fire fire fire and it became hot on certian parts of my body and i couldnt move i was just laying there and then he tapped one leg than the other leg and messed with my belly saying half an inch . is this a cure ? please i really need to know

Best Answer

Start by reading some of the Dalai Lama's books. They are a good source. Try the books that are more simple and less scholarly in the beginning. Thich Nhat Hanh is another good source. Good luck on your spiritual journey.

Best Answer