if they are unhealthy for you, it may be best. for me, my family is very supportive, so they rock my world.

Best Answer

It may be the best thing ever; you can always reconnect if it isn't. It was for me. I really only keept track of my son and my moms now.<br />
BUT I also have really really good community here. Friends who have been more like family than any family I have ever known besides my son.

Best Answer

Depends . If youre family has hurt you extremely and cannot change their ways after years of counselling or you just talking to them then yes . Its a balancing act got to weigh the pros and cons .

Best Answer

Myself. It helped me, cut all ties.

Best Answer

Depends on how toxic the family...I've had to do it

Best Answer

Depends on the family. For mine it was a very liberating experience that let me be happy for a change.

Best Answer

Depends if you have anyone else

Best Answer

the few that I have cut off has helped me emotionally feel good about myself. I feel empowered, in control, more confident for some reason.<br />
in a way those who have mistreated me and continued to do so after I asked them to stop have kept on trying to hurt me by getting other family members to be against me OR force me to beg them to come back into my life and continue to spit in my face. lol. when that didn't work bc I never argue nor explain myself to the ones who butt in. my answer is always. "i'm sorry but I don't owe anybody any explanations for my decisions, I decide who is a part of my life and if you can't respect me you will not be a part of my life regardless of blood ties" <br />
another one I say is "such and such knows what they did, everything that they did and that is all I am going to say about it"<br />
it has helped me bc although at first the family members that I didn't cut off were on my 2 siblings and some cousins and a aunt's side. (each one hurt me constantly in a different way" now those same family members treat me with a lot more consideration and a lot more respect. I think that since I have shown to them that I don't need them and will not hesitate to cut them off if they disrespect me they have gained respect for me. they don't say it but their actions sure show it.

Best Answer