if yes - sign this petition ... The petition to get weed legalized in the USA http://petition.avaaz.org/en/petition/Legalization_of_recreational_use_of_marijuana_in_the_United_States_of_America
TweetBird216 TweetBird216 26-30, F 22 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Politics

I personally could care less either way.

Best Answer

do you have kids? pay taxes? live in America?

Best Answer

no kids, pay taxes, yes live in the US.

Best Answer

Every time I see this question asked, I can't help but think that only the pot smokers care about getting it legalized

Best Answer

then it affects you, and you should care... weed is sold to kids because drug dealers are the regulators... the tax revenue would lower tax rates for civilians... prisons would be less over crowded which means violent criminals would stay in longer... it concerns you too...

Best Answer

I've heard all those arguments before, and find them less than convincing

Best Answer

First of all: I do not smoke pot... second of all, if you do not agree with legalization then that is your choice... but make no mistake.. it DOES concern you

Best Answer

No not really. It's simply substituting one demon for another. Prescription drugs are abused more and more these days. People would still be growing it at home, so I'm not buying any tax relief argument. As for prisons, people thrown in jail for dealing pot are not exactly the cause of the overcrowding. Back when I used to smoke pot I wasn't even on the legalization bandwagon, but if they do legalize it, I don't care either.

Best Answer

wow... no offense, but you're misinformed on prisons today... and weed is less harmful than alcohol... as far as "growing it at home" ... does anyone grow tobacco at home anymore? Most people do not grow their own now... a lot of people have no idea how to do so and no inclination to learn... in the world that we live in, people can cook but choose to go to McDonald's instead... do you really think that they'll nurture a plant?

Best Answer

People still make moonshine, although prohibition was repealed.

Best Answer

that is true... but it is rare, and a lot of tax money comes from the sale of alcohol....

Best Answer

I apologize that yesterday I came off a bit contentious and contrary. Really what it all boils down to is it's an issue I can see both sides of it as having valid arguments, and therefore prefer not to take sides.

Best Answer

I can understand that...

Best Answer

Yes it should. Since weed is currently illegal all the money that is made off of it is tax free. That is stupid since there is no way it will ever be erradicated. Instead just legalize it and treat it like you would beer. The amount of money that will be brought in from the taxes will probably be more then just about any other commodity out there.

Best Answer

GLad you feel that way... so you signed it?

Best Answer

I am on a cell phone right now. When i get to my computer I certainly will

Best Answer

thank you!!

Best Answer

There are the harmful drugs that is prescribed as medication. These include quite large doses of morphine which is addictive as pain killers. It makes so much of sense to harness the relaxing weed by legalising and controlling it. It will only the drug dealers out of business.

Best Answer

Unfortunately I think the drug dealers that would be put out of business are the ones bringing it into the country in the first place. Who might they be? Oh the ones who don't want to legalize it because then they would have competition.

Best Answer

I agree with you, and the person above you... legalizing it would take out the criminal element... regulate it so it would be harder for kids to buy, and tax it so that we can make money off of it as a country... I take it that both of you signed?

Best Answer

Doesn't really affect me either way.

Best Answer

Best Answer

No. No. Yes.

Best Answer

WOW... how do you not pay taxes? Are you a child?

Best Answer

I do not have income yet.

Best Answer

oh, well... it still concerns you... drugs are sold to kids because drug dealers are the regulators... taxes revenue who sky rocket if we could tax weed... and prison overcrowding would decrease which translates to violent criminals staying in longer...

Best Answer

I used to think it should be legal and taxed but I've seen too many young lives ruined by drug addiction so NO.

Best Answer

so you must think that alcohol should be made illegal... all of the studies say that weed is safer and less harmful than alcohol...

Best Answer

Those are your words not mine I didn't say that.

Best Answer

so... what are you saying? If you think it should be illegal because it is harmful, well... it IS less harmful than alcohol... that is a fact... and anything can be a problem for a person, including sex... and it is not possible to be physically addicted to weed... only psychologically... and a person who can be psychologically addicted to one thing can be addicted to literally anything that makes them feel good...

Best Answer

I meant what I said, I have seen promising young lives derailed and wasted by MJ use. If you don't want to accept that ,it's your problem not mine. The form of the addiction has little bearing on the damage done by the addiction, it's 6 or one and half a dozen of the other. The problems with alcohol are an entirely different question.

Best Answer

I accept your opinion... and just FYI: I am a psych major w/ a concentration in addiction... so... I was just curious why the hypocrisy? If you think weed should be illegal because it can be abused, then why not alcohol?

Best Answer

Your question was what I think about legalizing marijuana I gave you my opinion, that you can't accept my answer is not my problem and I don't see what it has to do with what I think about Alcohol. But since you seem determined to find out . Alcohol has several legitimate uses other than drinking, I know of no such use for pot smoke it is used solely to get high and spaced out.

Best Answer

what uses does alcohol have? Weed has lots of uses, as does hemp, and many doctors will tell you that..

Best Answer

I don't understand where you get the Idea that I approve of alcohol intoxication, I don't. Alcohol is used as an antiseptic, a fuel, a solvent ETC. I am a Glaucoma suffer, Because I often hear that MJ relieved Glaucoma I have questioned my doctors about it, they say that it does little if anything to lower interocular pressure and that there are other medications that are many many times more efficient. Hemp rope is not made from the plant that you are smoking to get high, Smoking hemp rope will give you lung cancer without the high, I assume you are looking for both results.

Best Answer

your doctor may tell you that, but lots of doctors disagree, and I know people with glaucoma that it has helped, as well as cancer patients and people w/ MS... and when is the last time a person powered a car w/ alcohol? That is not what it is made for... drinking alcohol (ie vodka, scotch, gin, rum...) is only used for drinking.. to get drunk... that is why it is made... and no, you do not smoke hemp... no one said you do, but it comes from the same plant... furthermore, lots of people die from alcohol abuse and drinking and driving... there has NEVER been a report of a person dying from weed... NEVER... in the history of man...

Best Answer

Do you drive a car? Alcohol is a a major ( 10%) component of the gasoline that you fill the tank with. The production of grain alcohol for fuel far out strips that produced for drinking. Dieing from weed LOL if you say that the person that died of lung cancer didn't die directly from nicotine then you could say no one died from tobacco use too. The smoke from burning hemp and the smoke from burning tobacco both have carcinogens in them. Your question asked for opinions on the legalizing of marijuana. I am opposed to it , you obviously think that because one intoxicant ( alcohol ) is legal to consume that all intoxicants should be legally consumed, I disagree so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that, OK?

Best Answer

The US is the leading producer of alcohol based fuel. Ethanol, also called ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol, is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid. A psychoactive drug and one of the oldest recreational drugs known, ethanol produces a state known as alcohol intoxication when consumed. Best known as the type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, it is also used in thermometers, as a solvent, and as a fuel. In common usage, it is often referred to simply as alcohol or spirits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_the_United_States

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

so, you signed it?

Best Answer

Signed it,but still doubtful.How do you think these senators come out millionaires on their pay?The war on drugs is a big part of it.

Best Answer

exactly... and if you take away weed from that equation... it's tax money for schools and so forth...

Best Answer

Considering the reasons it was outlawed in the first place, absolutely it should become legal.

Best Answer

YAY! Then you signed the petition?

Best Answer

Absolutely! Decriminalize it, release all the prisoners, regulate the trade and tax it.

Best Answer

AWESOME! So you signed it?

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

thank you!!

Best Answer

I have had weed quite often at parties and clubs. I am not a great fan other forms of drugs.<br />
Weed is clean and is nice relaxer

Best Answer

so, you signed it then?

Best Answer

I have.

Best Answer

thank you!!

Best Answer

Spam...

Best Answer

? fake meat or mail? neither one seems relevant...

Best Answer

Absolutly yes-for sure

Best Answer

did you sign it? if yes - thank you

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

did you sign it? if so thank you...

Best Answer

yes and i signed it

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

Of course, but you know there are many people here who make their living off of it being illegal. Not just law enforcement and corrections. Let's face it, criminals of a certain level or higher have higher profit margins because of its current status.

Best Answer

true, and why not put that money to better use? paying for education and what not? two states in the US have passed legalization laws....

Best Answer

I agree and have agreed since I was very young. And I don't even consume it. For my purposes, all of it, not just alcohol and weed should be legalized; however, if one commits a crime while under the influence, the punishments should be severe -- up to and including death. There should be tolerance of consumption, but no excuse for criminal behavior.

Best Answer

I don't smoke it either... and I agreed with you up until the death part... I'm against the death penalty... but I do think that the punishment should be severe... I wish the drunk driving laws were stricter

Best Answer

That's fine by me. I have known a few truly horrible people in my time, so death is always on my list of options for heinous crimes. But legalize all of it.

Best Answer

ok... then sign the petition... if nothing else, it would help your tax bill...

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Online petitions do very little but I do not see where it would hurt for it to be legal and it would save a ton of money in trying to fight it as well as free alot of nonviolent inmates from prisons.

Best Answer

actually, they can do a lot... just ask the gay boy scout... or all the gay activist... or the new decisions about citizens united... we have the power to change this country...

Best Answer