I have discovered living at home as an adult means I get no respect from my parents no matter what I do. I have been battling w/this for years, when I wash the dishes all the time and help out, yet I am told that I never do anything. If I didn't do the dishes I would be yelled at for not doing them. What am I supposed to do until I have the means to move out. I'm willing to help, but not willing to be given guilt trips for no reason. If I make the tiniest mistake (maybe not wash one dish), I am chewed out and told how lazy I am. When I complete the job I don't get a single ounce of recognition (I just want my parents to not chew me out). i almost feel like they are being blind to my work on purpose.
Russiazoogirl Russiazoogirl 18-21 2 Answers Dec 30, 2013 in Emotional Health

So don't do it. When they complain again, tell them why. Good luck.

Best Answer

talk with your parents about what you just told me

Best Answer

One time when I tried to defend myself I was told I could only defend myself when I was right and it that situation I was completely wrong.

Best Answer