Take a second look at your resume, your application's cover letter, how your qualifications compare to the jobs you're applying for, and all the other variables. You might improve your chances by lining those up. Also - don't give up. Be persistent. HR people don't rule the world.

Best Answer

Yeah ~ it's all in the presentation.... Good Advice

Best Answer

No they don't, but they sure think they do.

Best Answer

'Starting a family' is one of those buzzwords HR hates. They picture you taking time off for maternity leave, when the kid gets sick and has to go to the Dr., etc.

Best Answer

Yea, I'm trying to figure out how to get around that while not outright lying on my resume.

Best Answer

Well...you can't lie. With all the internet tools they have at their disposal now a days they can find out more about you than you know about yourself. Good luck in finding that new job.

Best Answer

I would find a way to present the time off as something that was necessary, otherwise, I can see how it may look like you don't take your job so seriously. if you you can't do that without a bold face lie, then do what you can to present yourself as aggressive and serious about your work in other ways.

Best Answer

It was possible to do both. Perhaps you can take some classes so as not to waste time and lose job skills while you are searching for employment. Have you asked yourself if it was worth it?

Best Answer

I went back to school and obtained an ADN, have done lots of volunteering in the healthcare industry, and still find it difficult to get past the HR application process. I'm thinking they have a hard time grasping that a male would become a stay home dad. I actually had one doctor interview me and say, "Sorry, we don't change diapers here." I laughed it off and was cordial, and knew his middle eastern heritage precluded him from seeing a male as a homemaker.

Best Answer

It sux for those with the unteuses

Best Answer

I don't have one of those, whatever it is.

Best Answer

Wow- then I have no clue

Best Answer

You might have to volunteer a little to make some connections.

Best Answer