darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 9 Answers Apr 2, 2012

Exceptional real danger ... I know ... I was a smoker.

Best Answer

They have proven that second hand smoke can give you lung cancer, so this is not nonsense.

Best Answer

Yes ... Roy Castle - Children`s TV presenter and Club Entertainer (Show - Roy Castle`s Record Breakers) died of lung cancer after years of playing Jazz in smoke filled clubs and he never smoked tobacco ... a cruel twist of fate.

Best Answer

Nope, it isn't nonsense. My friend smokes and me breathing it makes it hard on my lungs since I have asthma. So I don't go over to her place that often.

Best Answer

The only way second hand smoke is more dangerous is if you are inhaling the smoke from someone's lit end of a cigarette that's nearby. This is because you're breathing straight from the cigarette end where there is no filter from the cigarette. If it's a person blowing smoking around you then it's not as bad because the cigarette smoke goes through 2 filters: the one on the cigarette and the smoker's lungs. About 80% of the second hand smoke we breathe is from the lit end of the cigarette which is why people freak out.

Best Answer

I think it can be harmful over a long period of time...I don't know if it is actually MORE dangerous than smoking YOURSELF.. THAT is you getting all the chemicals/smoke..and inhaling...but I don't think it is something to be paranoid about if it is once in a WHILE for a very little bit, that you inhale second hand smoke...

Best Answer

ha i just had that same thought today..thats funny..i keep hearing second hand smoke is MORE dangerous than first hand and it sounds like it has to be nonsense.. im sure its somewhat dangerous though..breathing problems and such but the person would have to be around smoke like all the time

Best Answer