I just started dating man with bipolar disorder. He takes 3 valproic acid a night, but told me his psychiatrist has recently suggested an increase. I had known this man as an online penpal before we finally went on our first date. Our first date was lovely, and he told me "I think I love you," "I want to marry your family" and "my mom would love you." This came off a bit manic to me, but it was okay because I have known him a long time and know he struggles with this. He was attentive after the date, and I spent the whole night with him on our 2nd & he didn't let go of me the whole night. The next day everything was fine. Suddenly he became distant and detached, and when I called him out on it he seemed shocked and told me that he had feelings for me but then started asking strange questions like what my intentions were with him and if I intended to marry him. I dont know if he was joking or not. Yesterday he told me he felt "blue." Did I worsen things? What do I do?
gravity1 gravity1 22-25, F 4 Answers Jun 24 in Community

You didn't do anything wrong. You'll need to get used to this new side of the relationship.

Best Answer

I really have no idea. I don't know much about it, but you can't expect for people to know what to tell you when they don't know if he is having an episode or just being himself. If it is meant to be, it will be. My guess is his personality disorder ( or whatever ) will get in the way of a relationship. You won't be able to relate to him the way you want and you won't be happy.

Best Answer