Could be either or both.

Best Answer

Uuuum make you think doesnt it, a bad cold is a state of mind or that is illness, make one think doesnt it ?

Best Answer

A bad cold is caused by an infection, it's not a state of mind. If someone were to put the right chemicals into your food, you would be so depressed you couldn't function or think straight. If those same chemicals were occurring because of an imbalance in your system, that's not just a state of mind - that's an illness.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

I think it is a state of diet and health, and a state of thought.<br />
If a person really wants to get free they should look to their diet and I cannot recommend The Work of Byron Katie highly enough.

Best Answer

My wife suffered with depression and panic attacks for three years after a head injury. Nutritional supplement got results for her.

Best Answer

Diet ? possably, I have very good eating habits including a lot of fruit &amp; veg. Some forms of deppresion can be brough on by things that happen.

Best Answer

Yes, diet and supplements are huge. You are right that things can happen to trigger depression, but you dont have to carry those things through your entire life and suffer. That is where The Work of Byron Katie comes in. Let us know how it goes.

Best Answer

Can be either. Depression is not one thing. There's a differnence between someone who's bipolar or simply suffers from depression and someone who's mother has just died. Both can be depressed but the causes are different.

Best Answer

If it's a state of mind, it's probably melancholia rather than depression. I'd say they're different. A clinically depressed person can't feel happiness. A melancholic person just thinks too much :)

Best Answer

Yep, it can be a temporary state of mind due to circumstances or it can be a life long illness due to a hormone imbalance or an issue with the way your brain fires by not producing enough of something or too much of something.

Best Answer

illness that affects your state of mind

Best Answer

profound I like your answer

Best Answer

Yep its a illness

Best Answer

Anyone can be depressed. Technically that's depression. But other forms of depression, such as post natal depression, chronic depression, etc, can be caused by chemical imbalances, deep traumas or other factors. They aren't a bad day - they are a living hell that never stops.

Best Answer

It's an illness- no one WANTS to be depressed idiot.

Best Answer

I think that a coarse of negative events can trigger depression so would that come under state of mind. I believe a healthy diet can help a person use there natural judgement better than if they arent eating properly'

Best Answer

It depends. But everyone suffers from depression; usually something or someone triggers the depression and some people can't cope with the pain so they resort to medication. It's a tough world out there.

Best Answer