JenLuckBuckle JenLuckBuckle 22-25, F 22 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Depression

The only thing that helped me get out of the gutter is voulenteer work..Women and children. You get so connected- the thankfulness in their eyes makes the whole world go round. Knowng just your time, or a cake- makes such a huge difference. It's magical.

Best Answer

Take up volunteering at a nursing home! You'll be amazed at how rewarding it feels to know that you did something for someone else without getting anything back except feeling better about your self!I volunteer for bingo days because some people have a hard playing! I also sit with people during actives that can't be left alone! Sometimes my friends and I put a picnic together and bring it to the nursing home! We picnic with the residents of the nursing home!!! The love it! You also find that most people there are lonely and need a friend if you have time it's very rewarding knowing that you made a person or people happy and enjoy their life!! Hope I helped you! Good luck & may your God Bless You!!

Best Answer

wow! This was a really inspiring suggestion! Thanks a lot! :-)

Best Answer

The gym, beat the **** out of a punch bag, will sort you out in no time

Best Answer

right on! I do need to beat the **** out of something...

Best Answer

Its great believe me, however not so much fun if you like your nails long, they won't fit in the gloves so cut them back before you go

Best Answer

I have and always had long nails too and still I did my fair share of selfdefence training (and not training but the real deal, but that's a different story), the trick: don't use your fists head on.
A technique I like when punching would be a classic karate chop with your fingers bend, it keeps an attacker at a nice distance and you won't be bothered by your own nails.
Of course: you can always scratch someone face, but that's irrelevant when hitting a punching bag.
Good suggestion IrishBlush, I can recommend every woman to do some self defence training. ^^

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Anything that absorbs your mind completely might work. Do you like reading? Reading is awesome to divert your mind. If you're handy you might like doing crochet, quilting or knitting... Painting is highly therapeutical too (used to paint all the time back at the madhouse), it doesn't matter whether you're good at it or not...

Hope you'll soon feel better!

Best Answer

go for snorkeling!!! or skydiving/ or roller coaster ride/ or take her to some game... where she has to be more busy thinking how to win... then anything else... or take her dancing... or karoake... bring her a kitten or chick... or rabbit... or even a brd... it surely w2ill give her a reason to smile and take her mind off negative thoughts...:)

Best Answer

lol. I think I wrote my post wrong. I am the girl. So your answer made me chuckle. I LOVE KARAOKE! Everything else sounds really scary though since I have an anxiety disorder. Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Best Answer

If you write, check out fanfiction sites; lots of opportunities to try your hand at stories. Also video games and knitting are fun. If you're trying to be more active, powerwalking is a great activity that costs nothing beyond the investment of good walking shoes. The volunteerism is a good idea too. Some hospitals have programs for holding new babies and reading to children. Good luck and best wishes to you.

Best Answer

Take up golf. I wouldn't recommend the hobby I had a couple of years ago..****!

Best Answer

was it reckless alcohol consumption and partying?

Best Answer

Wood burning :D

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

For real :P

Best Answer

Well I read, crochet, garden, play video games.. exercising to an energetic workout video is great if you can just get up the gumption to start:)

Best Answer

Holy crap, pot was the number one thing on my list and I forgot to add it. lol

Best Answer

lmfao!!!

Best Answer

Any suggestions of one of your fav work out videos, btw?

Best Answer

read, play online games, knit

Best Answer

meditation, contemplation, seek interesting male companionship

Best Answer

Lol. I love this answer. Meditation is SO HARD when my mind feels like it is constantly running in circles. I have a boyfriend actually and he is usually pretty helpful. He is the one who strongly urged me to get a hobby.

Best Answer