is drug addiction a mental illness?
Selfconsciousness Selfconsciousness 18-21, M 2 Answers Sep 14, 2012 in Hobbies

Mediation is long drawn out way to get depersonalised. Anybody with any nerve goes down the PTSD route.

Best Answer

I think meditation would drive them more insane.

And drug users aren't mentally ill, no. I mean, some of the drug lords to narco operations in the world are also some of the smartest people.

Best Answer

So you are automatically stupid because you are mentally ill? Depression is a mental illness dude, the addiction is a mental illness aswell :P but ty for your PoV
I think a lot of mental ill people are also some of the smartest people on this planet.

Best Answer

That's a classic example of putting words into someones mouth. And addiction is a mental illness? Show me some proof of that, I'd like to know why you believe that.

Best Answer

Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. "Watching your breath" is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation. why do so many people think it has something to do with praying, when its just mental healing.

Best Answer

Because i experience Addiction, its a mental illness cause its mental, and you cannot change it, its making you ill mentally and changing your personality

Best Answer

Well, you clearly understand this way more than me, so I will take your word for it.

Best Answer

Saying that meditation would make someone more insane.
Is like saying learning to relax would make someone more keyed up...
That is while it is possible that these outcomes could be the result of attempts at these goals... these outcomes would be the result of a complete failure to make any headway in either one...

Best Answer