Whats the secret ? I mean they smoke a lot ( French way) and eat loads of cream , cheese and red meat doused in more grease. How do they escape being the heart disease capital of the world ?
guardsvan guardsvan 41-45, M 10 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Hobbies

Through not stressing themselves out about it?<br />
....actually, I wonder if that really could be it. Maybe it's not the fatty food that kills you but the constant "ohshitthislifestylesgonnakillmeohshitthislifestylesgonnakillme..."

Best Answer

I agree , but only partially.
At the end of the day , fatty food chokes the blood vessels. Not a lot of physical labor either.
For example , in some Eastern European countries they eat heavier food. But they work in their farms.

Best Answer

They are lazy and never do any work, thus avoiding stresses and strain.

Best Answer

Wine and sex ? :)

Best Answer

The French drink a lot of red wine. It offsets the harmful effects of bad living. It also extends our life if you otherwise live good.

Best Answer

They have a different lifestyle from Americans such as walking to small stores to buy fresh foods rather than get in their car and drive the 6 blocks or so. They also drink a lot of wine which helps the heart and eat fresh fruits & veggies which are anti-inflammatory, most chronic diseases are a result of inflammation in the body. Stress can also cause inflammation and their lifestyle is a good anti-stress one.

Best Answer

I read just over Christmas that researchers think there might be dome beneficial effect from the mold that gives color and flavor to blue veined cheeses. The French consume more bleu cheese than anyone. If I have to gorge on Roquefort, Bleu d'Auvern, Stilton and gorgonzola, I guess, in the interests of health, I'll make the sacrifice.

Best Answer

Wine has something to do with according to my Public Health professor.

Best Answer