puck61 puck61 51-55, M 11 Answers May 23, 2012

i like to think it kept the battle field over there instead of here. I also like to think that any one who dies defending others has accomplished something

Best Answer

I want to think that, because the alternative thought is infuriating and tragic beyond words.

Best Answer

What riskymonk said is the best I've heard so far.

on the one hand we are doing good and helping the "natives" learn how to be more then what the taliban says they should be. But we are also fighting a culture that is based on deceit,warfare and tribal customs that go back furthur then anyone remembers.When are countries going to realize that it would better to just get all the women and children out, seal the borders and let them kill off each other(like they been doing for thousands of years) and write off the country...

Or better yet why don't we just bury all the nukes there since the country is useless anyway and we can solve two problems at same time.

Best Answer

Not a damn thing. Comment by a military retiree and Viet Nam veteran. Total waste.

Best Answer

It's kept down the price on new battery technologies.

If Afghanistan falls, the costs of electric cars will double or triple as will the cost of smart phones and any other electric battery technology.

Anyone who doesn't think that's a huge ROI doesn't understand our modern technologically based society.

Best Answer

all those lives for technology- If my son-who is in the army didn't come back- I'd smack you

Best Answer

Babz - What's wrong with pointing out the obvious. The stabilization of Afghanistan - a major repository for minerals and precious metals used in battery technologies - is something that has been accomplished. You might not like it, but that doesn't make it untrue. To all those screaming about "wars for oil" this might help make those less necessary in the future. In the process the Afghani's might also have something to sell on the world market that can give them wealth other than heroin poppies. That would be good too. Our soldiers have certainly died for a lot less noble causes.

Best Answer

For the most part I agree with pinkyy2001 but I also think that once they are gone the afgan army will collapse and the country will again return to tribal warfare if not the Taliban. Afghanistan seems to me to be a place stuck in the dark ages with modern weapons.

Best Answer

Thats what saddens and angers me. When we are finally completely gone, things will probably be worse than before we came.

Best Answer

Yeps......déjà vu anyone ?

Best Answer

Precisely nothing.

Best Answer

Made Karzaii and his crooked family wealthy.

Best Answer

Target practice for terrorists.

Best Answer