only4q only4q 22-25 6 Answers Jun 3, 2012

Quit 'cold turkey' after 16 years. That was 30 years ago. I smoked 30 a day. That morning there were no smokes in the house, it was first day of vacation and moved to new house that same day leaving all ash trays in old place. Most importantly, I wanted to quit! When you pick your moment, make sure you've a pebble or such in your pocket for your fingers to fiddle with, and have water handy. Do not eat more, and especially watch that you don't drink too much. The first week is hardest, but once past that it eases up. Whatever you do, DO NOT have even on drag of a smoke, you'll only have to start all over and now you know what you could be facing. Good luck.

Best Answer

my mum did. When she was preggers with me. but now she is using those vapor cigs lol.

Best Answer

I quit on October 8, 2007 after 30+ years. Used nicotine inhaler, and then Chantix. Worked. Husband still smokes, but I have had a perfect quit. I try to avoid him when he smokes which he doesn't do in the house.

Best Answer

thank you ill try that

Best Answer

yes !!....i quit after 20 years ...Doctor said that smoke on my clothes / skin was giving my daughter a cough.. I said i never smoke near her..He said after every cigarette it seeps out of your pores for about another 1 or 2 hours, so you hold your child and she gets some smoke !! wow! <br />
Left the doctors threw the pack away ..never touched one since almost 9 years ago !<br />
Not as hard as i thought !... and i smoked full strength Marlboro! <br />
You can do it !

Best Answer

i tried that i got very sick but thank you

Best Answer

sorry to hear that ... it is worth the trying though. Hope you find another way
When you do it you will feel so much better !

Best Answer

From the one's I know, they have done it cold turkey.

Best Answer