The passage you mentioned saying let no one come between you and your husband, is found in Mark 18:9. The passage, in context, begins with Verse 5 of Chapter 10, which reads, "6“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’a 7‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,b 8and the two will become one flesh.’c So they are no longer two, but one. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” <br />
the passage you give reference to regarding Christ being the head of the Church is in Ephesians, Chapter 5:25-26,which reads "25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, which reads, "<br />
Now, you may want to be careful in citing sc<x>ripture as regarding marriage, for the rest of Chapter 5 of Ephesians you referred to says, this: <br />
"23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.<br />
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansingb her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”c 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."<br />
So, you see, using sc<x>ripture to validate a point in your marriage can work both ways, for according to the same law that you appeal to, by appealing to it, you subject yourself to the same law, which states that the wife is subject to the husband as Christ is to God.

Best Answer

I just want our marriage to be as Christ wants it,

Best Answer

If you are bringing in specific quotes of Christ n all for your mother-in-law issues, I think it might be selective convenient citation that suits you.
I agree with northguy on the danger of selective interpretation. Validate any small selective interpretation with the larger life and message of Jesus. He was the embodiment of Love, of kinship. He wanted you to love the whole world. How will we raise to a higher Love when we are able share love with our own, our-like average people around us to start with ? That is, if you bring in Christ. Of course, such things are a simple matter of understanding different perspectives, developing mutual respect, being fair etc, for which we need not go all the way upto religion.
I should mention, I am not a Christian, but I admire Jesus for his Life and Message of Love.

Best Answer