Not one with good options. But they did have one.

Best Answer

I agree with ForEsme

Best Answer

I was going to write this long elaborate thing, but i'll cut right to the point and say yes. They did have a choice.

Best Answer

Yes, we all have a choice.

Best Answer

so what choice did they really have?

Best Answer

Death

Best Answer

If they didn't agree with their country's politics, they could have gone somewhere else, escape with others, or lay down their lives for what they believed.

Best Answer

Historian Andrew Roberts recently wrote a huge book about WW2 called The Storm of War, and it is awesome because it goes into all kinds of popular discussion points and what-ifs that get argued about, like this one. I'll borrow his answer and say yes. Hitler wasn't a hatchet man like Stalin was. When subordinates didn't do what he wanted, he merely sacked them and replaced them. Then he would often reassign his offecers to new positions. Commanders were being shuffled a lot and the inconsistency of the leadership was a big problem. But the criminals didn't need to fear reprisal, only being sacked and denounced in one of Hitler's temper tantrums. So yes. They damn well could have walked away from their dirty work.

Best Answer

Yes, but they'd probably pay for the right choice.

Best Answer

Some yes, some no I guess. In watching a documentaries about the "every day citizen" who become in the Nazi death squads it was claimed out that no one who refused to carry out the executions was punished, they were simply switched to other army units. But as the war progressed, it's hard to say who was responsible, who could and couldn't say no. The worst made an obvious choice, and they chose to go beyond the bounds of anything morally explainable.

Best Answer

Of course.

Best Answer

They had to do as their leader said so they really didn't have a choice or they would be one of the prisoners in a prison.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer