ineedyoumore ineedyoumore 18-21, F 7 Answers Oct 1, 2013 in Politics

There's nothing stupid about it. Wanting to be informed is *always* admirable. Too many people form opinions without bothering to educate themselves. This should prove helpful:<br />
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/30/absolutely-everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/

Best Answer

Much appreciated! :)

Best Answer

No problem at all. :)

Best Answer

The only stupid question is the one never asked.

Best Answer

Congressman Lucas' office advised me this morning, that if the shutdown came, all non-essential personnel would stay home and be on furlough. The question that enters my tiny mind, is why do we hire "non-essential" personnel.

Best Answer

You did not feel the earth stop spinning after it did? I did.

Best Answer

Last I heard it was supposed to be automatic, but it will be slowly phased in because certain things are already funded for the next month or year, other things aren't. And many departments will expect their employees to come in and work without pay in the hope that funding will be restored and they'll get back pay.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Obama announced that all republican employees are laid off. The government have enough money to pay democrat employees only.

Best Answer

yeah because EP is the most reliable news source

Best Answer

No need to be an ***. :D

Best Answer

Mainstream does not mean reliable.... if all we need is consensus as a proxi "truth by definition" then we are flying blind down a road the leads who knows where.

Best Answer

who said mainstream? use the internet as you see fit...

Best Answer