If you think yes...Where was it?
mzdivine mzdivine 56-60 14 Answers Mar 30, 2009

I believe it did & that it's still buried somewhere deep under the ocean.

Best Answer

Atlantis was a real place, but not a utopia of aliens and superhuman technology that people these days like to believe. Plato was metaphorically writing a story that was passed down to him about a magical city that "sunk beneath the sea" in front of everyone's eyes. Back in the good ol' days in Greece they liked to barter with Egyptian sea traders. Plato learned this from Egyptian folklore: A group of Egyptians sailed to the greek island of Santorini, made some trades and as they were sailing back home, heard a huge eruption and watched as the island fell away into the sea. To them, it was the gods. To us, it was a volcanic eruption. Santorini was considered "Atlantis" because of it's vast amounts of "modern" technology and beauty. People really don't study their history and make connections these days- which is why people believe that "Atlantis" was in the Bermuda triangle or some crap. Plato and the Greeks weren't even aware of that area of water and land. Nobody had sailed that far. And if Plato was Greek, then duh, "Atlantis" couldn't have been too far from Greece. Hence- Santorini.

Best Answer

yes. I think it was Plato that is the one that went on and on about it and we are reading into it using our methods of interpretation to say he was writing fantasy. I believe he described something he knew. He was a philosopher and would have said straight out had he been writing an allegory.

Best Answer

It was destroyed in the war with the lost continent of Mu Mu.

Best Answer

Indeed it did exist! I was there!

As suggested above, it was a long-lived civilisation, and was destroyed in several stages of thousands of years each, as I understand it. Atlantis consisted of a large continent in the Atlantic Ocean, and stretched from below Africa to up past the British Isles, and across to the Caribbean. As it was progressively submerged, it broke up into islands, I think the last one was called Poseidonis, off West Africa / Gibraltar. The Azores are the topmost peaks.

There's a book that gives good descriptions of one phase of the Atlantean Civilisation - "A Dweller on Two Planets" by Phylos (may be out of print now). I have seen others, now gone from my memory. Some of the "I AM" literature describes it, too.

In those days, they were highly skilled technologically; and quite a lot of the Atlantean scientists are reincarnated today as scientists and inventors, and are re-dscovering some of the inventions and princples used. The spirituality reached a high degree in Atlantis as well, but was eventually swamped out by the materiality and the quarrelsome nature brought on by the electrical technology of the day, whch is coming to apply today as well. Electric gadgets' influence on our inner natures - our personal 'force fields' - has the effect of unsettlement and agitation (so I am led to believe), as it is not in the original design of this planet.

Best Answer

It not only existed BUT it still exists.

Some people who avoided listening in the past, and others, who didn't, still think this city got destroyed in the past. Still this is not true

Best Answer

I believe so because I read that they think they've found it...PLUS, there's this place around where I live that is nothing but water and cars and EVEN buildings are under that water because of crashes or the ground has caved in and taken the buildings with it.

Best Answer

Yes atlantis did indeed exist the continent of atlantis was near africa .Plato speaks of atlantis in his works, atlantis was a beautiful city, the ppl there were highly evolved souls more than 50 thousand years ago a golden age civilization thrived in peace happiness and prosperity ruled by Saint Germain. O nce the ppl turned away from the god within and fogot there source, Saint Germain withdrew and the ppl started creating karma . once the karma got to great the continent was destroyed it went down in stages. there have been many documenturies shown and remains of atlantis were found under the water. Many ppl today are from atlantis but they do not remember .

Best Answer

Nope.

Sailors of different languages and cultures speaking of the various wonders of the world, all attributed to a wondrous city.

An 'existing utopia' fit for debate and analysis by philosophers, purely hypothetical.

Best Answer

Yes it did .... and it wasn,t lost .. bit like discovering America

it was always their .....

Best Answer

i believe it did, and Ibelieve I was a member of that community as my first life.

Best Answer