I don't know that a 'real' friend can exist without being present in one's 'real' life.<br />
You just don't know if they're genuine or not. It's hard enough when you've got them standing right in front of you... but to form a relationship based on digital communication only? I just don't know how legitimate that can be.

Best Answer

I lost a very dear friend from EP....we were very close...and then, nothing...it broke my heart to be honest...but i guess...what can you do! It's amazing how sometimes, people you've never met, can touch your lives so profoundly...and i have many close friends in real life...but this particular person was very dear to me :-( to be honest...i just don't get it!

Best Answer

Yes...I was friends with an EPeep by the name of prettygirl2009. We were friends on Facebook, too. All of a sudden , she was gone from both EP and Facebook. She didn't actually leave Facebook, but apparently dropped me as a friend. I suspect that she cut all ties with EP users. I wish she had at least let me know!!!

Best Answer

I lost a real friend here who disappeared. I was distraught but I knew that she was being harassed and kind of expected it. It has been almost a year and she just o returned to Ep a couple of days ago. I missed her and I am glad she is back.

Best Answer

It happens all the time - people find they have to change email addresses, have to move house, have changed circumstances... It doesn't pay to get too deeply attached; just be honest and be yourself, and enjoy the moment with your friends, but don't hold them to a long and deep association (unless you really want to!).

Best Answer

In the internet world, you don't disappear but rather you don't bother to log on. Based on your premise, how could a friend, not tell you they will not longer be on the net without telling you. Between you and your internet friend, you have major trust issues.

Best Answer

Yes, I had a very dear friend on EP who I was crushing on quite badly.. then she stopped signing in one day... <br />
I got her to reply to me on email eventually.. and we talked there for a bit, and I continued falling for her.. but I was already falling for her very badly, and after we communicated by email for a while I took the decision that I couldn't stand to not be able to ask her out (because of the distance mainly, but also a certain amount of age difference) whilst still being in contact and making my craving worse.. so I stopped writing back to her. I disappeared. She sent me one more mail and then gave up trying to get me to reply.. I must have hurt her very much and I am really sorry.. I know that an apology would just reopen the wound now, so I've not written to her again. I know it was a huge mistake and I should have found another way to get over her.

Best Answer

yes. 13slowly was a wonderful guy....and i miss him. pete..wherever you are..i will still be your sunni-gal!!

Best Answer

Yes - koreanbean keeps disappearing

Best Answer

The internet is not a replacement for real life friendship. Once again, people get too emotionally involved with such things when you need to be realistic about the fact that people do disappear whether you like it or not. There's more to life than a byte.

Best Answer

Yes Ravenschild from EP.

Best Answer

the ones that disapier are the ones who have never really talked to me...i swap emails with people all the time..if i really wanna stay in contact...hmmmm...no i really dont greive much...

Best Answer

I lost a very dear friend of mine that I met on an anon site. We connected through a book that we both liked, and he added me on a messaging app. We talked for months, and grew close. We had a wonderful connection. Late May, he disappeared. His life had been rough, but he had told me that it had started getting better. I looked up orbituaries in his area, and his name did not pop up, thankfully. The bad part is, I don't know where he is, what he's up to, how he's feeling. He's not there to comfort me anymore and I can't be there for him. I'm afraid that I'll never talk to him again, and I'm heartbroken. I had plans to meet him one day. Now I'm questioning if everything he said was a lie. I'm questioning who he is and how old he was and where he was. I miss him so much, and I find it so hard for me to move on.

Best Answer

Yes. This has happened many times. I share myself with someone and poof they're gone. This has happened to me in real life, not just on EP. That's just the way it is. That's why its better not to ever get too attached to anyone.

Best Answer

As of now, not yet. The ones that I have grown close to I hope it never happens, but it's hard to expect that all the time from online interaction.

Best Answer

Yes, I did. It's been ten years since we last spoke and I am still trying to find her. She didn't live too far from me so I'm just gonna call some phone numbers and see if she pops up. If not, well.. I guess that's the end of my search because I'll never find her online again.

Best Answer

Yes, happened a few weeks ago, actually. I miss him already...

Best Answer

Ohh Yes.. I have been on the Internet since 1998 in the days when IRC chat and MSN Chat were the famous chat sites. Over a period of times a lot of friends have suddenly disappeared. It was only when facebook came in.. I realized that some people who are active on the Internet use that medium as a get away to their problems.<br />
The saddest incident was when a good friend of mine had left me three notes on Facebook (I had not checked it for a long time), one of the notes was in all capital letters (very rare of her to write that way) When i went into her profile, I learnt that she had passed away just couple of weeks after she wrote me the last note. I was really heartbroken. I thus make it a point to check my mails and facebook atleast twice a week. However good an internet friend maybe.. we will never know the truth of the person.. I have lost a lot of them :( :(

Best Answer