http://investorplace.com/2012/12/kmart-customer-finds-plea-for-help-in-unopened-package/ Online friend of mine wrote this article. I hope they really investigate this, but I have a feeling it will all just disappear.
DisorderlyCyn DisorderlyCyn 41-45, F 6 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Hobbies

Halloween Decorations? That person is probably not doin so hot right meow.

Best Answer

Yeah that's probably true.

Best Answer

And how many times has it been done and the employer found out somehow and that person came up missing?

I am sry that kind of thing happens ANYWHERE in the world...but how many people would or do actually care about the people in the usa that deal with desperation of breaking their backs to survive....with no insurance...their homes taken...having to decide whether to pay a bill or feed your kids....

My heart goes out to EVERY AND ANYONE faced with this situation

Best Answer

I feel sad for those people. I know it's China, and that it happens everywhere there, but the sheer despair that brings someone to put a letter in a package like that is just plain sad.

Best Answer

I know its heart wrenching ,if it was someone being abused or in trouble in US or Europe they might contact the person or seek help for them but for someone so far away it is more difficult. Its a long shot as much chance as a message in a bottle but then again its a chance.

Best Answer

People have been in crowded unsafe working conditons over there for decades. Thanks to capitalism and american cheapskates YOUR DOLLARS ARE WHY THIS PERSON IS OPPRESSED.

Why the sudden concern? Did you think they enjoyed it? Did you just pretend that the workers in sri lanka had a 40 hr work week and a fair wage?

Best Answer

It's not a sudden concern. Where would you get that idea? Or do you have me confused with someone else?
My dollars are more spent paying my rent and utilities and the little left I have at the end of the month has me at Walmart out of desperation more than lack of concern. I'm sorry, I can't afford twenty dollar organic, animal friendly dolphin safe toothpaste. Yours is the same mentality as the rest. Instead of looking for solutions you just want to blame random people and accuse them when you know nothing about them.

Best Answer

And another thing. The man I love is in Mexico right now working for five to twelve dollars a day working sunup to sundown every day and he's trapped where he is with no hope for escape because this is money keeps his family alive. Yet when he goes to buy a phone card to call me and his daughter here in the U.S. he's cheated. It costs him a day's wages to call me (the telecommunications industry is run by one of the richest men in the world). I try, every month, after eeking out what I can for us, to send him a little something just to keep him in cheap *** toothpaste too. It sucks being poor no matter where you are. I'm pissed about THIS because of the desensitized reaction of other people not just here but in other forums as well.

Best Answer

??? Capitalism is why these people are being oppressed, it's not just walmart, it's Kohl's, macy's, Target, Victoria's Secret, American Apparel, Apple, Dell, etc. Chances are EVERY BIT OF CLOTHING AND PRODUCT YOU OWN IS MADE BY A WORKER WHO COULDN'T AFFORD TO BUY IT. I don't buy organic because it's pointless, more expensive, and takes food out of people's mouths, perpetuating a meaningless cycle of self-righteousness and grandstanding. So don't make assumptions, you end up looking like an ***. I'm not blaming just you I'm blaming EVERYONE over the age of 40. It's Boomer americans who didn't care about American jobs and so they bought cheaper foreign goods, it's american Companies who spend millions yearly on making sure these people don't get their rights. It's the 2% that banks on keeping you poor enough that you're forced into sucking this coprorate c*ck, and it's your refusal to make do with less food, clothing, and products that puts on your knees and opens your mouth. Buy from thriftshops, pawnshops, low income furniture places, etc. You don't have to buy new you know. You can get food stamps, go to food banks, eat at soup kitchens, community potlucks, etc. There's options but they're harder than doing nothing and require thought. In three weeks you'll have forgotten all about Yu Li and Lam Nguyen's plea for help. Hence why I am so skepitcal and jaded about this crap.

Best Answer

Oh good grief. I try to bring something to attention that I care about and you start making all these bizarre assumptions about ME, then you complain because I turn it around on you? You are telling me to do things I've done my entire life. I'm ON food stamps. I do proudly dumpster dive. They know me by my first name at Goodwill. But come on, you're not brainless. You know there are certain items you buy from the store and it has to be new. You're not real bright to blame everyone over forty for the same crimes against humanity I am almost certain the younger generation commit every single day. And you have a lot of room to talk, wasting all that money and polluting the air while feeding the tobacco industry. YOU are part of the problem just as much as me.

Best Answer

That is China.

Best Answer

Yes that is China, but I can't understand the tepid response here. I mean, I know it happens but seeing someone so desperate they slipped it into packaging! And I wonder how many times it's been done but someone just tossed the note in the trash.

Best Answer

Their government spends enormous amounts to keep a lid on civil unrest. That is not only the communist way, it is the Maoist way. Even before their entry into the world's markets, they had trouble in every interior province and even some on the coast. Exposure to better situations in other places has not helped them keep an imposed peace. No other country in the world is in a place that it can really lean on the Chinese to change this. What others can do, and actually do, is bide our time as the pressure builds internally, do every sneaky thing we can to destabilize their hold on people, and hit them where it hurts when the time comes. We will hit them where it hurts, like it or not, when the US Treasury weakens our currency enough to make a floating exchange rate manditory. Once that happens, the demand for their products will drop off a cliff and the Chinese internal accounting flaws (lies that are illegal in the west) will really, really go public. Look for public upheaval in the internal provinces AND some of the wealthier coastal ones then.

Best Answer

Americans and other Westerners are just more caught up in their own little problems than to care about what happens to the little guys in China, Pakistan, etc in the shops. It's not just Sears, Target, and Walmart who source from these outfits in these countries. The reality is, though, that if you have trade with non-Western countries, you have trade with countries more likely to have human rights problems. So, we are in something of a catch.

Best Answer

You're right Squirrel. It's just another injustice in a pile of injustices. We're all desensitized until it directly affects us, for the most part.

Best Answer