I was raised by people who feel betrayed or abandoned by God. Extended family members are Evolutionists. I believe that truth lies somewhere between absolute certainty that God made everything in 7 days (who knows how long a day is to God?) and the absolute certainty that everything is complete chaos and that it all started with the big bang. Who's to say that God didn't create the elements that caused the big bang? Are science and religion mutually exclusive? Blind faith in any religion including science can get pretty ugly IMO.
whatthehellhappenedtome whatthehellhappenedtome 31-35, M 4 Answers May 11 in Community

we spiritual beings in human bodies

Best Answer

I was raised Catholic but I never identified with the church. As an adult I chose my own spiritual path and I´ve never felt better.

Best Answer

Science isn't a religion. It's undeniable fact. I think that you choose your religion if you're smart enough to. Otherwise you just go with what you were taught because it's easy and it's all you know.

Best Answer

I have a problem when people say that science is indisputable. If you don't have all the answers to all required elements to prove something then you have a theory... The theory of evolution is plausible but there are gaps in fossil records that leave room for questions.
The sound barrier was proven to be unbreakable in the early 1900s until the theory was disproved.
I suspect that nobody was there to observe the big bang so I accept it as a plausible theory as well just like the expansion and contraction theories of the universe.
Since science proves that energy can't be created or destroyed I only question the theory that nothing existed prior to the bang. Who can say for certain that a supreme being didn't fart and cause the gases and solids (technically that would be a shart I suppose) that lead to our existence.

Best Answer

True. But science has a lot more evidence than God.

Best Answer

Fewer wars though. Less exciting except for the Nazi and Soviet eugenics experiments and theories about master races and all that bullshit.

Best Answer

I think experiments are more entertaining then useless blood shed over an imaginary figure lol

Best Answer

I'm going to start a war with my imaginary friends and conduct experiments on them.
Maybe some germ warfare with Ebola.

Best Answer