What about at swimming pools? And where are you from? It's surprising how much it differs from place to place.
tearaway tearaway 22-25, F 29 Answers Apr 18, 2009

I am from New Zealand.<br />
In boarding school (all male) we went during the warm weather to the swimming pool each morning, and swam naked; otherwise we showered in a "communal" shower room with open cubicles.<br />
At home on the farm, I used to swim with shorts on, in the local river; but despite knowing the rules for not being naked in public, I have never been afraid of nakedness, as I feel its natural, and I am comfortable with my body.<br />
Later in life I got into going to nudist resorts and beaches with no worries, and I enjoy the feeling of freedom. After all, its logical that when you swim or shower, you don't want clothes on!

Best Answer

i did the public shower thing in school. we had no curtains.<br />
i'm from england

Best Answer

I'm from Mexico and here it really is different the whole view on "public showers". You see mexicans are kinda... well prudes, so although PE or gym class is common in my country the idea of bathing with the same sex is not. Mostly in school there just one day of PE so we can all go to our houses and change, or we just change in the bathrooms, but in general the experience of public showers are only reserved to people who go to a private gym or do sports. In private schools sometimes are used but it's pretty rare. This actually has brought more problems that advantages though, most mexican males are not used to undressed in front of others and as you can imagine this also becomes a problem for small kids in schools who are not educated to nudity, also it's pretty uncomfortable for a teacher (such as myself) to enter a classrooom after PE and smell the "natural" perfume of the students XDD

Best Answer

Not after dropping the soap that one time.

Best Answer

In high we had to shower after gym in alarge open shower room. And in the military it was the same setting there.

Best Answer

The only time I used a public shower was at the YMCA when I was a kid. We kept our bathing suits on so it wasn't embarrassing or anything. There were some older people who took everything off, but after a while it was like, eh, whatever. I'd never feel comfortable around a big group of people, though.

Best Answer

i used a public shower for the first time the other day, im 25 years old and im a young women i had to use it because we have no hot water at our house. i went to the public shower with my shampoo and my towel i went in and there are no cubicle showers you all ahve to shower togethor i went into the womens and there is a place where you take your clothes of. i went in and i was naked and there was about ten women showering and they where alot older than me and they wher looking at me funny i went up to where there was a spare place and i started showering there was a women next to me showering and i sore her looking at my boobs **** and my **** and i said to here what are you looking at im not a lesbian and she said im not i just like your bum and then she stoped talking and she caried on showering and i had just finished then i got out

Best Answer

i went to camp for a week and had to take showers but there were curtains, but it really didnt matter because half the time we would just walk around the cabin naked anyways. We even took showers together, it was no big deal.

Best Answer

Having been a swimmer all of my life shower nudity is common in the showeres.<br />
The showers have always been communal in the mens and partitioned in the womens change rooms.<br />
I either remove my swimwear while in the shower or prior to entering the shower.

Best Answer

I did but I wore a bathing suit, cleaned my pits so they didn't stink during the day but kept the gay p.e teacher from staring

Best Answer

We had to shower after PE from sixth grade on, all through High School. During the swimming section we showered before and after, and we didn't get swim suits. I didn't think anything of it back then.

Best Answer

In high school i had too shower after gym and before entering the pool it was bad we had 40 girls in my gym class the memory burns

Best Answer

Not sure what you mean by public showers. Back in the day when I used to play football (soccer) we had showers next to the changing rooms. Is that what you mean?<br />
It's no different to being at school, is it?<br />
What? Oh yes, I'm in England.

Best Answer

No. Whenever I went to the gym or had an exercise class I'd just wait until I got home to shower.

Best Answer

Yes. I went to a military school during my elementary school days and we had to shower before and after swim class or PE. <br />
In school, we had to shower after gym, no matter. There were no curtain (guys didn't care). <br />
Got used to it after a while, but never thought any thing about it being sexual at the time.

Best Answer

Yes, in 7th grade and it was really difficult. I clung to that towel like it was a life jacket. Once I hit 8th gade I thought I was hot sh*t and just slung the towel over my shoulder and strutted in LOL!!<br />
They don't make the kids take showers anymore here in CA, I am so glad... My son was freaking out over it until we found out they don't have to.

Best Answer

no not really. most of the places i went had curtains or something. other than that our high school doesn't make us shower after gym. that'd take up too much time yada yada yada.

Best Answer

LOL at zeligocity's answer. xD omg<br />
I had to use public showers during my experience at a science program over the summer.<br />
They had curtains though, but they kept flying open. I was so paranoid, it was not fun :p

Best Answer

Yes, and I hate it. Probably because it was forced, no choice. I'd make a terrible slave.

Best Answer

In high school, I did shower in the locker rooms, but they had curtains so it wasn't that bad, and everyone else did it too so it was expected (not to mention the fact that I wouldn't want to go to class after hockey practice without showering anyways..). I'm from the U.S.

Best Answer