If so, what was it? I used to work in a store and saw people returning things that were used making all kinds of excuses, and then saw those things being put back on the shelf to be sold again.
CherokeePatti CherokeePatti 56-60, F 4 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Hobbies

A vacuum cleaner. Complete with dog hair in the chute. It was f-ing nasty!!! Mercifully, I had my receipt and got a full refund.

Best Answer

Sounds like something that happened at the store where I worked, someone brought a vacuum back and said it had hair in the filter.

Best Answer

Gnarly! Maybe I bought my vacuum cleaner from your store...

Best Answer

Or maybe people who are moving out of apartments and need to clean before they leave "buy" a vacuum cleaner, use it that one time and then return it for cash saying it didn't have good suction or whatever. It is common here, college town and people can be very "creative" in getting what they want without having to buy it forever.

Best Answer

"Creative". Yeah...That is rich. It's kind of funny too, in a way. At one time I was an economically-disadvantaged college student and see why some folks would feel the need. But still...Ewwww...

Best Answer

I once returned some VHS tapes to a rental store, laid them on the counter and the college clerk said she would credit them and put them in a bin next to her. I get a phone call a couple months later saying I owed over $100 for those two tapes. I told the manager that I had returned them and rented two more, and that I had passed the old ones to the clerk, it was labor day weekend and only students in that store and I knew from listening to students at the university how creative they could be to get free food or entertainment. I went back to the store and searched every tape they had to make sure they weren't stuck on the shelf without being scanned, couldn't find them and told the manager that I had returned books to the library and they didn't get scanned & I found them on the shelves later...but this time I learned a good lesson and it was always, always to get a receipt for a return. She let it go, and I always got a receipt for returning a rental. When the clerk would tell me it was "OK you don't need one" or "Our computer isn't working" I would say "Write it out by hand and sign your name because I am not going to get charged for those tapes if they don't get credited to my account." I kept the receipts for at least a year before throwing them out.

Best Answer

All because some schleps wanted to make a few dollars? That is so lame on their part.

Best Answer

They probably took the tapes home for the long weekend because they hadn't been checked in and I still had two days left on them, and then forgot to bring them back. And then didn't care and let someone borrow them and never got them back, they were new movies too.

Best Answer

No, other than stuff marked as returns

Best Answer

Yes. I don't remember.

Best Answer