When I was a kid we hitch hiked everywhere.<br />
When I was in college - University of Massachusetts, in Amherst,my roomie and I hitched to Montreal in about 1969 and to a peace march in Washington DC in 1970. Actually we hitched to Washington DC earlier in the year on spring break, too, just to see the capitol and kill a weekend<br />
In August of 1969, a friend and I hitched from Boston to Bethel in upstate NY to attend the Woodstock Music Festival.(waits for awe and adulation).<br />
In 1971, I quit school and. with a friend, hitchhiked around Canada and crossed into the USA over Lake Huron into Port Huron, MI and then proceeded to hitchhike to California, where, one of the places we crashed was in the Haight Ashbury section of California - this was 4 years after the "Summer of Love" so it was more like the Autumn of Freaks to us!<br />
Yep, little girl, those were the good old days when all we had to travel with was our thumbs - and we were thankful, dangnabit THANKFUL, I tell ya! LOL :D!!

Best Answer

Woodstock ??? Well, I'M certainly impressed. How cool is that ?! And in 1971, I was one of the young kids hanging out in the Haight, you probably walked right by me.;)

Best Answer

Damn I blew it! Wow, you must have been about like about 9 little girl! I was only 21 at the time! Dammit, I Haight that I missed you! what were you doing there? Just another little lost soul...

Best Answer

...WOW...WOW...WOW...you lived everything we all read about!....

Best Answer

...well, I have been wearing flowers in my hair since the song came out (plus I went &amp; lived in Hawaii for several years...)...and I marched in the first Earth Day...LOL

Best Answer

Hello, Flower child. I participated in the 1st earth day in 1970 and a few months later, the student strike (4 dean in Ohio). I was at UMASS, then. Truth be told, I had already been striking since February, well, I hadnt been going to classes, anyway. I loved a good party!

Best Answer

Once ! We were 6 stupid teenagers cycling to a mountain lake to go fishing when we decided to try a "faster" way to get there. Got a ride in the back of a pickup towing a boat driven by a drunk. His driving scared the crap out of all of us so bad we swore if we lived we would never ...ever do that again. To my knowledge none of us ever did.

Best Answer

When I was 17 I use to hitch hike back and forth to my job as a dishwasher . But I had to be careful , if you've ever heard about the Santa Cruz mountains and hitchhiking you would know why . I used to live close to there . .

Best Answer

yea............ hitchhiking was normal back when.............i dont know 1977.<br />
marijauana helped.

Best Answer

I do not recommend doing so, especially for a woman, but I did once back in 1974. I was visiting England from the U.S. and two of us had become separated from the college group with which we were traveling. We knew what theatre we were supposed to be at that night, so we stuck out our thumbs and made it to the play on time. Though I must say, while the man who gave us a ride behaved as a gentleman, I was shaking in my boots during the entire ride.

Best Answer

We,( a friend and I ), hitch hiked everyday for years. We were 12-15 years old, it was the only way to get around at the time...1960's

Best Answer

...late 60's...my friend and I would hitchhike all the time to the different beaches in the area...&amp; be home by dinner &amp; our parents never knew the difference...it was very different back then ...not so scary

Best Answer

No, it wasn't scarey at all...it was just normal stuff to do

Best Answer

yes, there I stood, thumb up, arm outstretched, then from behind me I saw the headlights.....

Best Answer