So many people I know never planned to be in their current jobs, just sort of fell into them. They don't want to be doing the same job 10 years down the road, but don't have strong preferences for alternative careers to begin to do something about it. How about you?
mibby mibby 31-35, F 7 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Work

Never imagined I'd be working where I am now. 10 years from now? Kill me now.

Best Answer

Know how you feel. Fingers crossed that the new year will bring change - in a good way!

Best Answer

Yes, yes.. sure as hell hope so.

Best Answer

As I'm a bit of a thicko and have no qualifications I have always 'fallen' into every job I have ever had. It has either been to get me off unemployment or paid more than the job that I currently had. I have been employed in my current job for 11 years in Jan and I expect to be doing it till I retire now mainly because it has an adequate pension plan. It is already the longest job I have had and I do kinda enjoy it mainly because for half of it I don't have bosses harassing me.

Best Answer

Can relate to the "work to live, not live to work" attitude. Benefits like a pension plan are a big factor too - scary to think that some people might spend as many years in retirement as they did working

Best Answer

I can happily say that I hope so; love my job as I have created it to match me not the other way around.

Best Answer

Great to hear from someone who loves their job! I hope you keep on enjoying it :)

Best Answer

Yes, I did know I'd be in my current job (for reasons of anonymity, not saying)- and in ten years time, I'll be pensioned. Hurray!

Best Answer

Hurray indeed :) Nice to know that there's something to look forward to!

Best Answer

i had this job at a resort and lost it cause i decided to get some new hips, had two hip implants, they wanted me back in food service months later and i couldnt do it cause i had a knee i was about to have surgery for, im now para aide subbing for the school district, i dont know what i'll be doing 10 yrs from now but im hoping they hire me full time, i love spending the day with children

Best Answer