Never imagined I'd be working where I am now. 10 years from now? Kill me now.

Best Answer

Know how you feel. Fingers crossed that the new year will bring change - in a good way!

Best Answer

Yes, yes.. sure as hell hope so.

Best Answer

As I'm a bit of a thicko and have no qualifications I have always 'fallen' into every job I have ever had. It has either been to get me off unemployment or paid more than the job that I currently had. I have been employed in my current job for 11 years in Jan and I expect to be doing it till I retire now mainly because it has an adequate pension plan. It is already the longest job I have had and I do kinda enjoy it mainly because for half of it I don't have bosses harassing me.

Best Answer

Can relate to the "work to live, not live to work" attitude. Benefits like a pension plan are a big factor too - scary to think that some people might spend as many years in retirement as they did working

Best Answer

I can happily say that I hope so; love my job as I have created it to match me not the other way around.

Best Answer

Great to hear from someone who loves their job! I hope you keep on enjoying it :)

Best Answer

Yes, I did know I'd be in my current job (for reasons of anonymity, not saying)- and in ten years time, I'll be pensioned. Hurray!

Best Answer

Hurray indeed :) Nice to know that there's something to look forward to!

Best Answer

i had this job at a resort and lost it cause i decided to get some new hips, had two hip implants, they wanted me back in food service months later and i couldnt do it cause i had a knee i was about to have surgery for, im now para aide subbing for the school district, i dont know what i'll be doing 10 yrs from now but im hoping they hire me full time, i love spending the day with children

Best Answer

Started farming when I turned 18 and still doing it today 35 years later.

Best Answer