theanimallaminaeht theanimallaminaeht 18-21, M 38 Answers Feb 12, 2010

No, but that has never stopped me from wanting to know more about other countries and their cultures.

I have had the opportunity to travel a lot and to fulfill my dream of becoming a citizen of the world and not just one place.

Best Answer

50/50... white and black... wish my kids grew up like that, now I live in a predominately white neighborhood, and I feel the lack of contact with other cultures breeds contempt. Tolerance towards those of different ethnicities is paramount in todays multiracial culture... sad, but true.

Some things will never change.

Best Answer

nope, we moved a lot, but lived mostly in middle class tract home type places...

funny, though, I don't remember my parents ever saying anything bad about any race or group of people.

It still kind of shocks me that people have hatred for 'classes' or races of people, strange, makes no sense.

Best Answer

If learning racial tolerance as an adult counts as "growing up", then emphatically YES. For 30 years I've lived in Jamaica Plain (Boston), known countrywide as having a richly diverse racial, sexual, and economic mix. Rich, poor, middle class, white, black, Hispanic, and Asian, heteros, homos, and auto-erotics.

Om Namah Shivaya

Best Answer

I grew up in the middle east.

Best Answer

No.. I wish I did. I would be more comfortable around people who are different...

Best Answer

Not as a child but did so in my teens and was much happier for it.

Best Answer

White and black for me growing up, nothing else.

I've eventually been exposed to a lot of Mexicans, some Indians and Germans. I usually enjoy people from other 'cultures'. They always seem more 'real' than the typical American.

Best Answer

YES...Wexford Ridge in Madison Wisconsin...I lived in some low-income projects for almost all of my life...my neighbors for 11 years were hmong but from Laos...I also had Cambodian, Nicaraguan, Mexican, El Savadorean, Vietnamese, Jamaican, Laotian, Japanese, African (not sure which country), Puerto Rican and Colombian neighbors and friends...we all hung out together which was awesome and because of I have an intense passion for languages and cultures and currently speak, read & write 5 fluently..2 semi-fluent...can read 2 others and am currently learning 2 more...working on being fluent in 10 languages.

Best Answer

I'm from New Orleans what do you think

Best Answer

yeap, canada (multiculturalism is one of the only identities even though i think people stay in groups of their on culture) and i think this cause i also lived in dubai (where the greater chunk of the population are expats from every where else) so all my friends are culturally different

Best Answer

I grew up in a culturally diverse household. The neighborhood was kind of mixed up too.

Best Answer

I grew up in the poor part of down, where there was someone from everywhere, but even in culturally diverse neighborhoods, everyone sticks to their own little group. It's not the language barrier, it's the fact we fear the unknown.

Best Answer

East Los Angeles. Enough said.

Best Answer

we had both kinds too: irish catholics AND italian catholics!

Best Answer

Not really, went to a culturally diverse school

Best Answer

yes, we had both kinds: Country AND Western!

Best Answer

I grew up in a white area, but I made the area more ethnically diverse. I was the only mixed race person in my village.

Best Answer

well, there was one black guy in my all white high school. he was elected class president.

no, my neighborhood was wealthy, lilly white, and boring.

Best Answer

yea Army brat here, moved alot, met alot of people, some nice some not so nice

Best Answer