I had a... weird Thanksgiving. Let me explain... my parents are devorced(cant really spell right now :P) and they wont even set their differences aside, and come over and have diner together, WITHOUT yelling at each other. My mom called me and told me to eat at her house, i said ok, but then my dad called and told me to eat at his house, and i said ok, forgetting about saying ok to my mom. After we hung up, i realized what i did, i called my mom and told her about what happened, so she called my dad and yelled at him for telling me to eat over at his place. Then my mom yelled at me for telling him ok, when i told her ok. then my dad yelled at me, because my mom yelled at him. I ended up, eating a poptart for dinner, because my mom was mad, and so was my dad. soooo, it was more of a complicated Thanksgiving, than a weird Thanksgiving. lol
RandomGuy100 RandomGuy100 16-17, M 11 Answers Nov 22, 2012 in EP

That's terrible! I'm so sorry your going through this.<br />
I hope your parents grow up, and quit making everything about 'them'.<br />
I've been through similar, when I was your age.<br />
A couple of decades later.....I thought h3ll froze over.<br />
My Parents, AND my Step-parents, and my entire family sat down to dinner at the same table.<br />
It was WONDERFUL!!!!<br />
(What I'm trying to say here, is there's HOPE!)<br />
I hope you can talk to your parents, about how YOUR day was, so they don't ruin the next family Holiday.<br />
Major Hug!

Best Answer

I am sorry your Thanksgiving ended up that way hun. Its difficult for two people to parent when even one refuses to be an adult and it ends in arguments. I know exactly how you feel. Stuck in the middle. I have stepped aside for my children so that an overgrown boy (their father) would get them on Holidays and I would sit at home alone souly so they wouldn't have to be in the same torn situation. If your Mom or Dad end up doing this for you please remember that they loved you enough to let you be happy. Not that we want to be alone or not with you. When you love someone with your whole heart their happiness is much more important than your own.

Best Answer

I hope the Poptart was at least Turkey flavored......................................... smiles

Best Answer

We had a good time ... we were invited by canadian expats for thanksgiving party so yeah i got bloated afterwards..

Best Answer

We don't do Thanksgiving here :-( but we got St. Andrews day on the 30th! :-). I think you're probably the more well adjusted of your family given the situation.<br />
Isn't Nov 22nd the day Kennedy was assassinated?

Best Answer

That sucks I would just go with whatever parent made me the happiest. Thanksgiving was fun, grandpa got drunk and entertained everyone.

Best Answer

I spent it alone. I made myself an apple pie in a mini ramekin. It was cute! And I watched movies. Part of me was kind of sad, but it was ok overall. Seeing my family would have been worse.

Best Answer

it was fine

Best Answer

No, I stayed home but it was better than going to a family dinner. :)

Best Answer

it was ok, fun family banter and digs lol. no drama thank goodness.

Best Answer

Geeeez, I'm sorry. I think your parents are acting like children. It's too bad that parents do that to their kids. Divorce sucks for kids usually.

Best Answer