I am too soft for that, well mine are still young as well so can't even imagine it. How is he? Hope he is OK and what did you turn his room into ?

Best Answer

No mine are no way near the age of going out into the wide world themselves, barely teenagers. But I guess if things are bad, you have to do the tough love, not sure I am up for it, but have heard some bad stories. Not sure if that was the case here I would like to add.

Best Answer

A playroom for adults!

Best Answer

Hahaha, poor soul dad is never giving up his playroom, he can never come back, well crash on the settee maybe : )

Best Answer

I had almost the same experience last week with my 21 year old ... he has 1 more chance. I understand he's incapable of living on his own right now; he's too immature, yet maybe a hard life experience is what some need to get on with life.<br />
I got thrown out of the house for less than what my son did ... it made me wonder how little love there is in this world. My own antics of growing up, and responses of people in authority over my life were a battlefield I'm sure God Almighty has taken into account truthfully; He sees every single thing, reason, and outcome.<br />
I slept for 3 days in the laundry facility in the building when I waited for tenants to open the door for me in the building; I washed at work so early in the morning before people left the night shift and the new shift began. I held together pretty well, except for the anxiety attacks I suffer that affect my heart rhythm. I didn't tell anyone until later on in my life about my homelessness adventure ... it showed me how strong I really am. I always kept to thinking, God is seeing everything, so I'll just go through this, because He's Watching.<br />
I wright alot, deep in thought; integrity is my key of importance. I take responsibility for what I do respectfully going into Repentance for what I do that is wrong; yet I understand also, what wrong gets done toward me, and my consolation is, God misses nothing about what's going on in any of our lives. I get frustrated, yet I hold on to this FACT, God misses nothing. We're all called to account of our lives in regards to what we do and say, and how we treat people ... in our own families, friends, coworkers and passersby. Please do not call your son a Prodigal if you should allow him to come back home for a time, that's wrong ... the truthful Parable of The Prodigal Son is in the Holy Bible, as told of Jesus own mouth. Many people compare situations like this with that story, and it just isn't true, though it may share some characteristics, please remember, Gods' Holy Bible is TRUTH. It has a Happy Ending, and I hope and pray your situation with your son has a Happy Ending as well.<br />
Good thoughts for You and Yours,<br />
Soul1958

Best Answer

Must be something in the water- Go read my story- I threw him out and he's moving in with some trailor trash

Best Answer

No regrets? That's such a hard thing to do but sometimes it's the only way to make them grow up or, at least, learn to respect you and your home.

Best Answer

Nope. You could have just charged him rent.

Best Answer

Has he been able to make it on his own since then? <br />
I have two nephews in their mid-twenties and they still live at home. I keep telling my sisters that they need to kick them out so they'll get serious about finding a job and making something of themselves.

Best Answer

This question was only asked to see what answers I'd get - 'twas foolin' around again!

Best Answer