Zeurosis Zeurosis 16-17, F 10 Answers Apr 17, 2014 in Community

And it's not "Me and my friend" it's "My friend and I" !! xD

Best Answer

Unless it's "she forwarded it to me and my friend"

Best Answer

Yup :) That's why I capitalized the M in both phrases.

Best Answer

I researched it a bit. And you're right! It's apparently seen as a form of grammatical etiquette! I had no idea. The history of it is actually pretty interesting. xP

Best Answer

"We shall not join you; for me and my friend do not like cheese." That is INCORRECT usage. If you remove the "and my friend" part of the sentence, the structure breaks down and doesn't work.

It should be, We shall not join you, for my friend and I do not like cheese.

Best Answer

One Word Order! Hail!

Best Answer

Yes, I already knew that. I always say "If I were you".<br />
Slang talkers usually say it the other way.

Best Answer

I can not stand it when people use your instead of you`re or not knowing the difference between there, their and they`re....

Best Answer

It bugs me too, but them again I make do that sometimes. I think sometimes people know the difference but make careless mistakes anyway... I'm always writing "too" as "to"

Best Answer

That is minor. These people do it on purpose and don't care. I recently learned they teach "nonsense" words in school. Even our teachers today don't care.

Best Answer

Nothing new, nothing Nazi about rules! If we abandon the rules, we would have no language left so as to speak or write...for that matter. It was always - If I were you. I wish it would remain so!

Best Answer

There is something to be said for correct grammar, girl. And it is not Nazi-related. I was "punished" with blackboards of grammar at a college level in grades 5 and 6. Do they even have blackboards now?

Best Answer

I know it's not actual nazism. That's just what you call people, "grammar nazis." They're the one that all like "you illiterate moron, it's 'than' not 'then'!"

Best Answer

Why is spelling and grammar not important to many of your generation? I know texting is popular. But why? We were raised that way-to have pride in our English skills.

Best Answer

One should have pride in any academic skill. Writing is particularly important, especially in this day of on-line everything. Writing is often the ONLY clue or indicator one has with respect to accuracy when attempting to comprehend the meaning and tone of non-aural communication.

Best Answer

Ok.....and ?

Best Answer

You just hate English...

Best Answer

Not really

Best Answer

I blame phones and internet shorthand.

Best Answer

I blame school curriculum and laziness in the current generations under age 30 ish.

Best Answer

If I was you, I would write If I were you. lol

Best Answer