As in the CIA have been trying to drone him for sometime!
koyptakh koyptakh 51-55, M 5 Answers Jul 3 in Military

Or like some poor dudes butt got gang droned in prison!:)

Best Answer

Its because he was Googling them...

Best Answer

The military do love their jargon.

Best Answer

Hi Pratincole
Sure they do but this was a BBC Journalist - himself in a wheelchair from a terrorist event. To drone someone is to cxplode a guided bomb in their home. A war against terror cannot be won using these tactics. I am deeply depressed by this word being used so easily.
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

Sorry, should have said that journalists do love their jargon. I don't believe that terrorists can be defeated by air power, drones, artillery, etcetera. I suspect that they keep using them because they can't think what else to do.

Best Answer

Hi Pratincole 6
I agree but I think they do not know what else to do other than admit they are in the wrong. So in Northern Ireland the eventual peace came after the power of the Protestant establishment was broken and shared. Thatcher betrayed them which she was not willing to do for years. In the meantime a war was fought to save the face of Politicians who were in the wrong. Damnable hey.
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

New words get invented all the time. I'm not surprised. We need new verbs to describe our new technology all the time. I think this sums it up very succinctly: http://assets.amuniversal.com/6077da402b5e01300649001dd8b71c47

Best Answer

Hi
will check out your link thanks.
you are correct of course but maybe your lack of repulsion at the idea of a robot tracking a human is a shocking as the term to be droned.
best wishes
:)

Best Answer

I'm actually pretty cool with the idea.
We thought the Internet would be a horrible idea. Thought that cameras, TV, and radio would be a bad idea. We thought that cars would be a bad idea.

Perhaps this is the next big thing in security.

Best Answer

ps
good link. Thanks.
Cartoons can tell the truth in strange ways. Still frightening that to drone is used so casually. I wonder if one day drones will wander across US skies destroying wedding parties.
Respect
:)

Best Answer

Hi MathematicallyMindedFractal
I find the disconnect between my feelings of repulsion and yours of confidence disconcerting and alarming to be honest. This is what is called a cultural gap I suppose. I respect your opinion and shall refelct on what you say.
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

ESPECIALLY Calvin and Hobbes.

Best Answer

Yes, and you must have had the same with your father or grandfather, perhaps?

Best Answer

Hi MathematicallyMindedFractal
I never met either Grandfather. No is not a matter of age - my father would have shared your view I am sure. Would you consider Russian drones over Florida with such equanimity I wonder?
Besy wishes
:)

Best Answer

Depends on what the Russians are using them for.
For malicious use, I don't want them.
For good use, let's bring on the quadcopters!

Best Answer

Hi MathematicallyMindedFractal
Surely we do not live in a Hobbsian world! A nuclear armed war
of all against all is a hopeless future. How long until a nuclear warhead is detonated in an American city?

Best Answer

Hi MathematicallyMindedFractal
I am thinking Russian drones droning people they consider terrorists. It sets a terrible precedent.
The future needs to not be feared but I fear this.
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I think it's gonna be soon.

Best Answer

Mmmm

Best Answer

HI MathematicallyMindedFractal
I foresee the nuclear detonation in a US city. Politics is a way that conflict is sorted out - war is not politics by other means - it is a deadly error. It feeds animosity. There are no winners just enemies delayed. The CIA created the Taliban yet now they cannot talk to them. Crazy world.
Things are sure speeding up.
Good luck
?)

Best Answer

I'm running out of FL. I don 't wanna be there when they blow up Orlando.

Best Answer

No. Huh.

Best Answer

Hi Levi1
such is what passes for progress now.
I never heard it used that way before. Has been normalized I guess.
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer