Scary how people will prepare for the end of the world just because of that simple fact
loveless46 loveless46 18-21, F 11 Answers Aug 7, 2012 in Hobbies

Plus the calendar didn't account for leap years..so we're all already dead.

Best Answer

It is just the end of the long count calendar. They had many different calendars.

Best Answer

But they weren't killed off.In fact the Mayans still in southern Mexico have been having a year-long celebration awaiting the return of Quetzalcoatl in December.<br />
Still not sure where the end-of-the-world scenario came from.

Best Answer

You know, I wonder about that. I mean the "History Channel" & "Discovery Channel" are always going on about that. I don't remember anything about leap years either. Besides, Jesus said HE did'nt know about when the end would come, only His Father, so why would God give the scoop to a bunch of people who sacrificed human beings for any reason??

Best Answer

1. "If the Mayans were so good at predictions, they should've predicted their own extinction"<br />
+<br />
2. "The Mayans only stopped at 2012 because they were unexpectedly killed off"<br />
=<br />
Preparing for the end of the world is pretty smart, you never know when it could happen.

Best Answer

The calendar's a wheel, they just turn it over.

Best Answer

I thought is was cuz they figured 2012 was far enough ahead

Best Answer

Sounds like magic to me.

Best Answer

I thought it was b/c the bloke having to carve it out in stone got a sore hand and said, "That'll do pig, that'll do."

Best Answer

thats funny lol. i know the worlds ending and the scare tactics theyre using are beyond anything ive ever seen,

Best Answer

People are dumb.

Best Answer