That is more than N Korea, Russia, China, Cuba, and Iran combined.
bigmoe47 bigmoe47 46-50, M 24 Answers Aug 19 in Politics

The US certainly has the highest prison population in the world, but the figures are not as high as 25% of its own population. It's 25% of the world's prison population

Best Answer

even that sounds horribly suspicious.

Best Answer

No, if you know the US it sounds about right

Best Answer
Best Answer

I bet you read that on the internet.

Best Answer

Has to be real on the internet.

Best Answer

hahaha....got that from the disney factbook did you?

Best Answer

Where'd you get those facts from ?

Best Answer

It's because the prisons are privatized. There's money to be made from keeping people is prison.

Best Answer

The vast majority of US and State prisons are not privatized. We've been here before an your statement is no more correct today than it was in the past.

Best Answer

We know that in the US, there's business in keeping people in prison. You never know what you're talking about, sorry.

Best Answer

most people in American prisons are there on drug offenses; if you remove all the people imprisoned for drug possession and use, our prisons would not be overly crowded or congested.

Best Answer

so true

Best Answer

…funny for a troll….what is the % in your country?….yea..like you would answer, coward…. :

Best Answer

25% I am an American, concerned about the freedom of my country. I am not a coward. I am a patriot, I am outspoken, I didn't cower in the corner and let the world just happen. I bet you didn't even serve in the military, too worried you might get hurt and don't believe freedom is worth fighting for.

Best Answer

…you are most definitely not military….try posting a disney question…

Best Answer

Your alleged military experience does make your initial statement correct. It just goes to prove that the US military will accept anyone these days.

Best Answer

I served, did you? or were you too scared

Best Answer

Actually no they won't. They wont accept high school drop outs they won't accept criminals.

Best Answer

…fool...

Best Answer

US has a large jail population due to criminals of many type. There are many reasons for this.

Best Answer

Most of them for having leaves and flowers of a plant that has never caused the death or disability of a single person, while simultaneously subsidizing and supporting the right of big tobacco to grow and distribute a substance that when used as directed does both.

Best Answer

Did you know that you are full of crap. You've got to stop fabricating stories. No where near 25% of Americans are in prison.

Best Answer

You can hide your head in the sand all you want.

Best Answer

Less than 1% of Americans are incarcerated. You need to read your own reference by the ACLU. The U.S. population is well over 300 million and about 2.4 million are incarcerated. Do the math.

Best Answer

those countries go right to the death penalty that's why...lol

Best Answer

It's the highest percentage of any country in the world, I guess if prisons work that makes the United States the safest and most crime free nation in the world.

Best Answer

What I read is that the U.S. has 25% of the world's prison population, not that 25% of the US is incarcerated.

Best Answer

That is total BS.

Best Answer

Wikipedia has it at 2.4 million out of a population of 360 million.

Best Answer

Must be huge prisons

Best Answer

"While the United States represents about 5 percent of the world's population, it houses around 25 percent of the world's prisoners.[3][4] Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners" (Wikipedia)

Best Answer

25% really? fake!

Best Answer

https://www.aclu.org/safe-communities-fair-sentences/prison-crisis

THE NUMBERS:
With only 5% of the world’s population, the U.S. has 25% of the world’s prison population – that makes us the world’s largest jailer.
Since 1970, our prison population has risen 700%.
One in 99 adults are living behind bars in the U.S. This marks the highest rate of imprisonment in American history.
One in 31 adults are under some form of correctional control, counting prison, jail, parole and probation populations.

Best Answer

Read your initial comment here.... the ACLU site does not back up your statement.

Best Answer

Those countries have a much more simple solution, they execute most of their criminals, and don't need as big of prisons.

Best Answer

So your saying that is the solution. You must be a cop

Best Answer

surprise,surprise...

Best Answer

are you sure? one person in every four?

Best Answer

yes i didn't think so :)

Best Answer

The highest prison population in the world though. 1 in every 100

Best Answer