I did and don't regret the decision. Was time to move on and discover myself.
lifeisanillusion lifeisanillusion 31-35, M 6 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Addiction

I think going to meetings for life is a good alternative to a slow death by crack ( my unfortunate addiction)

Best Answer

It's a matter of perspective.One year doesn't sound like enough. I have twenty-two years clean. Not bragging ,just stating a fact. At one year I don't think I was ready to give up on CA.

Best Answer

phhhhhhh.....I kept going, and it just got stupider.

Best Answer

Yes, but it didn't work out so well for me. I'm back now. However, I'm glad that you've been able to move on. :-)

Best Answer

Thanks. Do what you need to do man. There are many ways to the same destination. Pick the one that works best for you today. Maybe that will change later on, and maybe it won't. Peace and respect.

Best Answer

I drank for 30 years, been sober for 8+. I stopped going to meetings after about a year. I don't wake up thinking I'm an alcoholic, I never think about it. There is not a one size fits all method of staying sober, I also never had a sponsor.

Best Answer

One year is not really "considerable" sobriety. Most people who have picked up a drink or a drug after a period of sobriety will tell you that the first step in the relapse was they quit going to meetings.

Best Answer