plungesponge plungesponge 26-30, M 7 Answers Dec 19, 2011

It made me a bookish loner who just wanted to make it through another school year because who knew where I'd be next year. Grades, friends were irrelevant. And school activities? Why bother.

Best Answer

yes we did and it affected me so badly that i now live in a very crappy area of town that i've been in for over 10 years. i do want to move but the instability and fears from the past make me change my mind every time. my kids aren't happy we live in this hellhole of a place but they do like that they've gone to the same schools all their lives. something to be said for the stability of living in one place long term, we are more stable than many others i've met who move around all the time. <br />
btw i hated my parents for doing the moving around stuffz, absolutely hated them for it.

Best Answer

It kinda sucked. I went to a lot of different schools. It never really effected me until adulthood. Now I feel uncomfortable if I have been living in the same place for over a year. I have become a bit of a gypsy.

Best Answer

Every four years. It taught me how to be adaptable and enjoy my own company. It didn't teach me how to keep friends over the long haul.

Best Answer

The only move my family made was when I was one year old and of course I have no recollection of that. However, in spite of never having moved, I was always changing schools and I believe THAT had a very negative affect on my life. We lived on the outskirts of an area of population growth and they kept building new schools and changing the boundaries. Kindergarten was great! I had all kinds of friends with similar interests. First grade at a different school I had nobody. Second grade at another school again, I was the outcast, teased mercilessly. Third grade ANOTHER new school and I managed to make a few friends. That worked until seventh grade when they built another new school and yes, you guessed it I was separated from the few friends I had made in third grade. Eighth grade was another new school as was tenth. I wish someone would have taught me how to make friends, but for me the constant change left me a loner.

Best Answer

No we didn't move a lot only when the house needed to be cleaned then my mother said it was time to go.

Best Answer