then I would argue that the timing of these two events was coincidental at best given that Communism still survived although in a much weaker state. The USSR didn't just suddenly collapse one day...it came after decades of trying to always one-up the US with a stagnating control economy with low productivity, this coupled with the allocation of resources for decades solely to military endevours didn't help them either as they never were really able to create a diversified economy (compared to the US it was still in the dark ages..except the weapons of course) .. the end of apartheid was in large part a consequence of a large multilateral embargo and other economic sanctions on all South African products (imports and exports) because of their policy on apartheid. The international community was adamant about indirectly stopping this policy short of going to war which no one wanted. the two events happened approximately at the same time, but for different reasons...interesting point though

Best Answer

then I would argue that the timing of these two events was coincidental at best given that Communism still survived although in a much weaker state. The USSR didn't just suddenly collapse one day...it came after decades of trying to always one-up the US with a stagnating control economy low productivity, this coupled with the allocation of resources for decades solely to military endevours didn't help them either as they never were really able to create a diversified economy (compared to the US it was still in the dark ages..except the weapons of course) .. the end of apartheid was in large part a consequence of a large multilateral embargo and other economic sanctions on all South African products (imports and exports) because of their policy on apartheid. The international community was adamant about indirectly stopping this policy short of going to war which no one wanted. the two events happened approximately at the same time, but for different reasons...interesting point though

Best Answer

sorry for repeat...i had a typo and it double posted lol

Best Answer

Don't know the in's & outs of your country, but in the UK, they let slip a few secrets out after the new year..

Best Answer

I'm not from the UK and I don't live in the UK...I do however watch BBC world news on PBS because frankly there is basically no real international news on TV in the states...only major stuff, the various murders,small bombings that take out 3-4 and injure hundreds rarely get reported unless it involves our citizens... that being said, the internet unfortunately is turning into a more reliable source (obviously 95% of it is non-sense) then TV here, because really the news here covers stuff that to me just seems trivial...so I did not hear about these leaked secrets you speak of...you can PM me a link of it or something because I am genuinely interested in it.

Best Answer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b0194l78/ I think this was the programme. Apologies if it isn't

Best Answer