KilluaGodspeed KilluaGodspeed 18-21, M 3 Answers May 18, 2012

Fifteen years. Chronic depression, in a job way way below my abilities. No money to do anything to change it or even go out for a meal - just bills and survival.

It changed. My life has been brilliant for the last 5-7 years. I have the most amazing career, positive outlook, enjoy life to the full. It was a combination of changing circumstances and taking steps to address my depression.

Best Answer

Yes, I have had periods in my life that sucked. The worst long periods that sucked revolve around ill health. The first one was five years of non-stop pain that the doctors said could never be healed -- but I refused to quite trying ANYTHING that I didn't think would be harmful to me and eventually found my way back to having a life. Now I once again find myself in a period of extreme ill heath that started in April 2011. Having already sought out everything health wise I could try, this time I switched doctors until I found one who would seek answers rather than just putting me off and while I'm not out of it yet, I have reason to hope. First of all this one has sent me to specialists and two of them have found things with ANSWERS! I have a Morton's neuroma (pinched nerve) in one of my feet and a condition that causes my skin to produce a lot of histamine. I have also been sent to an endocrinologist who actually knows what she is doing and my blood sugars are now in control. In addition I have finally been given something for the pain (from being in temperatures below 80 degrees -- don't ask me why, we don't know yet) and accompanying depression, so at least I'm not spending several days of the week crying from pain and frustration. How will this all turn out? I don't know yet, but if your life "sucks" by all means take action!

I almost forgot, it's been so long ago! But my life has also "sucked" in other ways, but I sought counseling and worked it out. Not all of the counselors I have seen along the way were worth the cost, but there are some who were and my perspective is NEVER GIVE UP! There ARE answers.

Best Answer