originnone originnone 46-50, M 9 Answers Jan 16, 2013 in Family Struggles

The idea (which I recently researched on the internet) is that while you are wrapped in sufficient coverings to keep you warm, there is no need to keep the air warm enough so that you do not need coverings at all.

Best Answer

Mine was 55 in winter. I used to heat my sheets with a hair dryer.

Best Answer

Wow! I know it's not funny, but I did laugh!

Best Answer

I once burned the damn sheet! I had no heater in my room and horrible windows. We lived on the lake.. and I was paranoid about leaving my door open at night (haunted home). So, no heat.. no ghosts (usually)

Best Answer

Again, it's not funny, but I laughed at you burning the sheet! I'll bet you got in big trouble.

Best Answer

No, but I remember waking up a few times to no heat.

Best Answer

Hell, my ******* dad disconnected the heat in our room. He also cut the cord off of the air conditioner, too.

Best Answer

Disconnected the heat? OMG!

Best Answer

man.. we lived in rough times.

Best Answer

I think it was my parents' way of getting us to move out of the house sooner

Best Answer

In the wintertime I had ice on the INSIDE of my windows!

Best Answer

OMG!

Best Answer

We had 2 small kerosene heaters,single pane windows and no insulation in the walls.

Best Answer

we don't have A/C where i live. We use blankets

Best Answer

Total opposite ... Dad needed the place HOT ... freaking close to 80 degrees some night to dang hot to sleep

Best Answer

Thats perfect sleeping temp...if you have the right comforter.

Best Answer

There were some cold nights at college too. They had radiators in each room that would make banging noises all night. You had a choice of freezing or being awake!

Best Answer

Tell me about it. I was way up north remember? :) My son was in the oldest and yet to be remodeled dorm as well.....He cheated and got an apartment a few weeks in.

Best Answer