I've got a bad back and copd- i can't shovel- I used to live where kids would go door to door after a storm ASKING people if they needed shoveling- this place sux, I had my sign up 2 DAYS & no one responded! This generation is just a bunch of uncaring, lazy butz
Frazzill Frazzill 46-50, F 13 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Depression

I would have done it for free.

Best Answer

you're a nice person

Best Answer

If you do get some-one, don't pay in advance. One of my neighbors paid a guy $50.00 to do his drive and walk ways and the guy took the money and shovelled for about 5 minutes and left.

Best Answer

wow, that's just wrong- I never give money up front- i'll show them i have it and tell them it's theirs when the job is finished.

Best Answer

If we were neighbors, I'd help.

Best Answer

thanx

Best Answer

Sad state of our teenagers ... You would think they all could use a few extra dollars for whatever and a little hard work would do them good.

Best Answer

we used to help elderly and people w health probs for FREE, this young generation doesn't even want to help for money! terrible- they should all be ashamed!

Best Answer

In my work I need an occassional hand for some work ... I call up to the school to see if the superintendant can send me some names to contact ... when I contact them and say I can pay $12 an hour for an all day job almost a $100 it's like it's an insult to them "working for nothing" ...in my area of the country we get a lot of snow too ... I take care of my responsibilities fortunately with a snow thrower these days (used to be all by hand) then after that I go around my town to the elderly and clean out sidewalks and driveways for them if need be ... a simple thank you is all I request but often leave with some baked goods of some kind

Best Answer

thats very nice of you- I know what you mean- they don't wanna work for a hundred dollars for a days work- I remember when that was 2 weeks pay working fULL time!

Best Answer

Not all teenagers are like that, I shovel my elderly neighbor's driveway and sidewalk for free, and of course my own.

Best Answer

well you are a rarity these days- god bless you.

Best Answer

I'd have to ask, where is the sign placed? Is it somewhere people on the footpath can walk past and see clearly without leaving the path? Or would reading it require them to come on to your property? Perhaps it simply wasn't seen, or (no offence intended) didn't catch anyones eyes?<br />
Is it black text on a white background? Did you use bold lettering?

Best Answer

it was in my window- it was bold black lettered, 3 feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide. had red for some of the dollar signs

Best Answer

It sounds pretty eye-catching. Unless your window is very far from the path, which it would have to be with the size you have given. I can't explain why someone didn't take you up on the offer. Unless the people are too busy at work or school?

Best Answer

cant you just call a company that shovels and pay them to do it?

Best Answer

I don't know of any the only ones i know of use snow plows- I needed hand shoveling a walkway and unburying my car.

Best Answer

Why didn't you call a friend, or offer to pay your building's maintenence man, or look in the yellow pages for "Snow Removal"?<br />
Not to mention your neighbors probably have no idea you have a bad back or breathing issues, plus they're probably tired from shovelling their own drives.

Best Answer

in the yellow pages it too expensive- im not rich. and 99% of the snow removal in the yellow pages is for parking lots- not sidewalks and shoveling under a car- it's trucks with snowplows on them. I don't live in a apt building. &amp; why would they have to KNOW i had a bad back or COPD? I was offering payment- more than minimum wage.

Best Answer

Maybe they are snowed in

Best Answer

nope- everyone shoveled themselves out yesterday- people and kids/teens were walking up and down the street

Best Answer

You're not disappointed in yourself for being too lazy to do it?..

Best Answer

I'm dissapointed u didn't read the part where i said i have a bad back and COPD- and CAN't do it due to medical probs- not everyone is healthy.

Best Answer

Fair enough. Apologies. There's always Craigslist!

Best Answer

apology accepted

Best Answer

perhaps they were moving their own snow around?

Best Answer

for TWO days!!!!??????

Best Answer

It's a paranoid world we live in these days. It twould help if people knew you had physical limitations but that would also invite wackos. I m sorry for your dilemma....truly

Best Answer

thanx, it sux to be disabled in this country now adays. not even doctors care. I'm in excruciating pain daily- yet im told to take advil which does absolutely nothing for severe pain!

Best Answer