the universe is infinite. If God is infinite, then it's impossible to prove God exists to someone with a finite brain.
cpgnatly cpgnatly 41-45, M 6 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Community

"the Higgs boson is the only visible and particular manifestation of an invisible force field that permeates space binding the Universe on a molecular level" (Science Today )<br />
"It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together" (Obi Wan Kenobi)<br />
I bet the census taker who laughed when I told him my religion was Jedi isn't laughing anymore....

Best Answer

Trying to put a headcount on the Jedi. Are they finite or infinite?

Best Answer

Uh huh. Buddy, the fact that there are forces that hold the universe together has always been obvious. The fact that the universe is here is the evidence. That has exactly zero to do with the silly sci-fi mumbo jumbo of being a "jedi". Seriously, put down the comic books and grow up.

Best Answer

NO..... :)

Best Answer

i once bought a stack of books on the greatest minds about the universe and string theory like Einstein and some others and i looked for their beliefs and how they thought but the most i could find is that they believed in intelligent design in the universe but would not admit the word God , and i thought it may be because they want their work to still be accepted by their colleagues and the majority of people and that its pretty well impossible to PROVE that god exists to others

Best Answer

If someone can give a good disproof, I'll replace this best answer. So far, this is the most logically sound answer.

Best Answer

It is also impossible to prove that Ra, Zeus, Loki, Cthulhu or any other number of gods don't exist. The question is why would we want to when there is not evidence they're there in the first place?

Best Answer

people have received evidence by their own senses but the problem is sharing that , and others willing or not to believe them

Best Answer

I had some empirical things that happened to me that suggest sketch's world is actually a lot bigger than he's hoping it is. I actually believe the universe is infinite, but I also admit I cannot prove it.

Best Answer

your not alone on the universe being infinite but yeah not really proven

Best Answer

just because a brain is finite doesnt mean that it is unable to grasp the concept of infinite. by the same logic one would not know green because they are pink (or brown or whatever tone they are)

Best Answer

Actually, color hue and span of the spacial universe are two totally different concepts. Your logic broke right up front. I said prove it is infinite if it is. Saying something is green is intense rounding and over generalizing and certainly does not tell the exact wavelength without rounding. How do you propose you prove anything is infinite?

Best Answer

you cant prove anything is infinite because it must be finite to be measurable, however that doesnt mean that infinite doesnt exist. the two concepts are completely different i agree but as you related a brain as being unable to recognize inifnite as it is finite and brains are pink as are white people its a fairly valid extension of your premise i think. the brain is finite so it can not understand infinite. the brain is pink so can not understand green. its not really that much of a stretch from your original concept. I think that its an excellent question i dont really have an answer for but just thought that part of your reasoning was a little flawed

Best Answer

I was pretty sure the statement is completely valid by definition. I was not expecting a disproof, but I wanted to see if a surprise came up. I'm kind of checking my math, if that makes sense. I'm about to assume the statement is valid.

Best Answer

its a wonderful thought provoking idea i certainly enjoyed mulling over

Best Answer

Thank you for prodding it. If someone disproves it, I'll let you know. It will be very interesting to me.

Best Answer

thank you id appreciate that =)

Best Answer

The thing about god is that people made him up (just like all the other gods). They didn't have any evidence, they just made the assumption that since the universe was so complex there must be some intelligence behind it, and naturally that intelligence shared their sense of morality. Science works by us observing a phenomena and then trying to figure out why and how that phenomena occurs. God is not a phenomena. There is no evidence that he exists. So from a scientific perspective why would I try to prove something exists when I have zero evidence that it does? I might as well try spend time trying to prove that unicorns live in my sock drawer.

Best Answer

sketch987, by definition God is infinite knowledge. If you prove the universe is finite, God doesn't exist. If the universe is infinite, there is a possibility that God does exist though that still doesn't prove it because it is possible that the infinite set of data in an infinite universe is infinitely unknown by its finite elements. But it is also possible that it's finite elements are linked in a fashion that allows for infinite knowledge and that would be God by definition. Bottom line, and I'll be the first to argue this one out, if the universe is finite, it is best to invest in a strategy of evil. It will get you the furthest in your life. If the universe is infinite, there is a high probability you might have to interface with the lives you screw over more than once and it could be dangerous to adapt an evil strategy. Also, evil won't permit leaving this solar system before it's too late. It will take a good strategy to move outside of the solar system and continue our race. I'm not talking unicorns, I'm talking real philosophical strategies for success.

Best Answer