diagram diagram 22-25, M 8 Answers Jan 17 in Movies & TV

No I don't think they glorify it but they're trying to send a message against the idea of slavery through movies. When I watched the movie The Butler I cried. In the end of the movie, "This film is dedicated to the brave men and women who fought for our freedom in the Civil Rights Movement."

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

I'm not aware of anyone who glorifies slavery. I think it is a dark part of our past that most people are not so proud of.

Best Answer

Why do the some of south still get upset by the loss in the civil war?

Best Answer

You kinda have to ignore/gloss over slavery in order to celebrate anything during that era. Because by today's standards anyone who owns slaves is evil, no matter if they form a country or discover electricity or whatever else they accomplish.

Best Answer

No one "glorifies" slavery in the US except maybe the KKK .. and they're crazy anyway.<br />
It's never been glossed over .. it's a very serious and sad part of US history.

Best Answer

Don't some in the south still treat the loss of the confederacy in the civil war as a tragedy?

Best Answer

Sure .. but not the loss of slavery.

Best Answer

How about giving an example of someone glorifying slavery....???

Best Answer

I don't think that slavery has been reflected on enough by US society or the world in general. We've only exchanged one form of it for another.

Best Answer