mamdo2 mamdo2 36-40, F 20 Answers Oct 13, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I've taken them for 13 yrs. and I'd have to say I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for them.

Best Answer

I don't think they can cure a life lacking in fulfilment if that's where your depressive tendencies are coming from. In my opinion, something's missing and it's not in a pill. But then again, I stopped being depressed all the time when I started smoking pot, but I don't think the high itself was the cause so much as the mind-opening to a whole new world... So staying on pot isn't going to help me stay happy, I still have to work on living a better life.

Best Answer

They just made me feel like **** tbh

Best Answer

Honestly, therapy and self-esteem exercises would probably do more for you than meds.

Best Answer

for soome need be monitered by doc. can cause more problems than help if not rigjht ones for you.

Best Answer

They have never been a "magic pill" to me and I've tried the A-Z of them but Zoloft keeps me stable and not wanting to blow my head off!

Best Answer

Bottom line is that ALMOST EVERY prescription medication (from mood altering to pain killers) are intended to create an environment that is induces healing.

- - mood altering can make performing regular tasks (like shopping, going to work, etc) tolerable until through counseling the underlying cause has been treated.

- - pain killers are designed to allow people to continue their "routine" in life (as opposed to staying in bed for more than a couple days due to a backache), and again as soon as the body heals, the pain killers are no longer needed.

Best Answer

I was on Solex for 4 years and at first they help, but eventually,I decided to see how the world was without them. Over a 3 year period I weaned myself down from 60 mg daily until I was able to stop aboyt 4 months ago. I am doing good without them, but you mustwean yourself off of them as they are addictive and stopping cold turkey all at once is not good

Best Answer

If you feel they are not working for you, see your doctor and either change to a different prescription or have your doctor ween you from them and stop taking them.

If you are suffering from a chemical imbalance, they can work. If your depression comes from emotional distress, they may only help but will never solve the problem.

Best Answer

yes are you a hunk??

Best Answer

That has no bearing on this conversation. :)

Best Answer

Well said. : P

Best Answer

If you have to ask, you are not on the right one or on the wrong dose. Yes they work.

Best Answer

Do you feel they are working for you? I agree that they can make a person's life not seem so hectic. I'm not too sure about what happens when a person goes off of the anti depressants, though.

Best Answer

That's the problem...you kinda become dependent on them and its difficult to ever get off. I've been on them for 13 years and I can't see myself ever getting off of them

Best Answer

i have been off them and just cry for days

Best Answer

I was on them for a week and didn't like the feeling they gave me. It honestly felt like I was trapped inside of my body. Like a prison or something for my mind. I'll admit that I felt more able to deal with my circumstances, but I also was barring my mind from certain thoughts...maybe. I dunno..it was just weird for me.

Best Answer

I recently quit them after 9years, because i hate the idea of being on meds for the rest of my life...but they did improve my lifestyle. I'm sure they did a lot of damage too though

Best Answer

i dont know u the one with experience u should tell us ?

Best Answer

they dont work then lol

Best Answer

nah forget it and lsn to this :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFcuN2zI3u0

Best Answer

Clinically, they do, so long as they have the effect. Beyond that, it's your thought process which should get you stabilized.

Best Answer

oh right prehaps i need a higher dose

Best Answer

Like I said, your thoughts should stabilize you. Not medication.

Best Answer

Or perhaps you need a different anti depressant. There are so many different ones and not all will work for people. If its not helping tell your doctor and he will switch you to a different one that might work better. You have to find the one that works for you...everyone is different and sometimes it takes time.

Best Answer

Well, you should know. Do you feel depressed when you're on them? What you could try is staying off them for awhile, and see if you still feel normal.

Best Answer

According to what you take. They've helped me a lot. Before them, I was depressed 24/7, with lots of suicidal thoughts. Now I'm pretty upbeat for the situation I'm in. [:{)

Best Answer