Miseryhascompany Miseryhascompany 26-30, F 12 Answers Feb 13, 2013 in Depression

yes , but it will take atleast 3-6mos before u see the difference. It's not only meds though, u have to have an adjunct therapy for depression....more physical activities, social contacts etc... :)

Best Answer

Yes. If they're the right ones for you, yes they should work.

Best Answer

Yes- if you get the right ones and the right dosages. It's really important to be patient- it takes them a while to start working and you often have to slowly increases dosages. I find they are best prescribed by psychiatrists (as opposed to family doctors), because they are up on the latest pharmacotherapy news.

Best Answer

They, like any other drug, only cover up the underlying problem... They solve nothing. Have you read the side effects for such drugs? i.e. death, suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, liver failure, heart failure etc... The list is longer than anyone cares to know....

Best Answer

I assume they do or millions wouldn't keep taking them.I have never been depressed but I am speaking about those that have told me they work.

Best Answer

well i know a couple of people who were taking anti depressants and somehow the medication they were taking made their dperession worse than what it was - so they dont work for everyone

Best Answer

Yes but the root cause of the depression has to be found and addressed first.

Best Answer

It usually depends on the right combination and your body chemistry. There's also some who are resistant, but 50% anti-depressants do work.

Best Answer

YES - along with depression one will have some chemical imbalances, different chemicals in different people. So, yes - the proper mes will help!

Best Answer

Yes. They can help redress the balance of a physical cause of depression or at least create sufficient space for you to then address the thinking patterns that accompany depression. By themselves they help, but they aren't the whole picture.

Best Answer

plecebo!

Best Answer