Momamoo Momamoo 51-55, F 8 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Parenting & Family

My uncle adopted two of his kids, everyone treats them the same and to be honest even if the family is Irish and they are Korean we kind of forget they are any different to the point that I had to think if I even knew anyone who was adopted

Best Answer

Thanks...I just see her as my baby...and it makes me mad...

Best Answer

yes they try to do it so you don't know but you do

Best Answer

Sometimes -but other times it's blatant. :-(

Best Answer

Absolutely NOT! Not for me anyway. First adopted a girl. A newborn. She was so tiny and I felt so inadequate. But she is still my sweet.<br />
Second was my son. At a year old his parents surrendered him being the doctor found signs of abuse. No questions were asked. We were called and were told of the abuse. Did I still want him? YES YES Definitely! When can we come see him. <br />
My parents felt no different towards neither of my children. My sister on the other hand somewhat rejected him and refused to let him play with her son... to which I know for a fact HE was verbally abused by her.<br />
Back to my sister... she still to this day, more than 30 years later tells me I would have had a better relationship with them had I given birth.<br />
"What a crock of donkey feathers! These ARE my kids. And if I hear you ever insinuate they aren't I will never speak to you again!"

Best Answer

I love my daughter so much and it kills me when I see my mother in law treat birth grandchildren better than my girl.

Best Answer

I suppose you need to accept that parents as well as grand parents have their favorites.
I don't have favorites. But I don't realy feel that close as they are far away and I don't see my grandchildren that often. My daughter has 3 boys. My son has 1 daughter.
I think too I don't want to get too close because it will hurt when I leave and cannot see them for a time. It hurts less.

Best Answer

As an adopted child, I was treated as good, if not better, than any kid could have been treated. I had loving grand parents. I guess I'm lucky.

Best Answer

I wish that was the case for my little'un my inlaws are so unfair!

Best Answer

I hope you have pointed that out to them. Your little on is every much yours as if he was born naturally to you.

Best Answer

Yes but she thinks blood is more important than anything -I hate it:-(

Best Answer

Tell her bullshit. That's usually a pretty strong response :)

Best Answer

Today I had to walk out of the room...we were at a kid's party and blood grandiose were bought balloons -she wasn't. She actually said " gran loves XXX and YYY more than me doesn't she mommy?" I just hugged her and cried. She was a complete cow. I got her a balloon myself. But it makes me so angry. And very sad thank god my side love her very much.

Best Answer

That's just petty. I'd have punched the biddy by now.

Best Answer

LOL now that's cheered me up ! ;-)

Best Answer

I've seen that happen.

Best Answer

Xxx

Best Answer

I would say definitely that parents treat a natural born child of their own a lot differently than an adopted child no question about it

Best Answer

It drives me mad ... it's so unfair!!

Best Answer

I never really thought about it, so I couldn't say. Sorry...

Best Answer

I have heard about it and it aggravates me.<br />
If I ever would adopt, the kid won't have that problem from my parents cause we have discussed about it a few times.

Best Answer

My side are fine but in laws are dreadful. I can't stand it. :-(

Best Answer